Nosler accubond lr

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
rhino81
.204 Ruger Guns: savage model 12

Nosler accubond lr

Post by rhino81 »

Hi all... Question. I loaded some rounds for my new 7mm08 thought I would give the accubond 175 LR a try. According to a note from nosler in the box they said to just use the load data for a bullet of the same weight. So I did starting at min and loading up to 1 grain under max, from the nosler manual. I think because the LR bullets are longer to give them better BC nearly every load was compressed, some deformed the bullet and a few were so tight the bullet deformed so bad it stuck in the die. Any experience with this or suggestions.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Nosler accubond lr

Post by Bill K »

If your pressure is okay, and accuracy is also, then a compressed load is not much too worry about. However the deforming of the bullet is. I would say you just have to back off the load to where you are not damaging the bullet. This weight bullet, just might be a touch too much for your cartridge, in length, that is. Bill K
rhino81
.204 Ruger Guns: savage model 12

Post by rhino81 »

Thanks for the response...I was kind of thinking that myself but the bullet intreged me and they don't give them away so I was hoping they would work. I won the gun and have a few other 7mm so I wanted to go with a heavier bullet with this one. That being said the .308 is known to be very accurate and has no problem with heavier bullets so I thought it would work out pretty good
savgebolt
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Venture , model 12 savage

Post by savgebolt »

rhino,,, some thoughts, you lefts lots of unknown details of the load out , but ill try to give you some things to think about ,,,, one,,, think of using differant powder that would occupy less case volume, some loading manuals will give you the amount of case volume certain loads occupy,,,, two,,,, can you load to a longer COAL and still fit in the magine and action while keeping in mind the distance of the bullet ogive to lands measurement , third ,,,,, ive heard some dies dont work with vld bullets , so check with your die manufacurer ,, hope that helps , happy shooting
Darkker
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger Predator

Post by Darkker »

Maybe a mute point by now...
We got actually deforming the bullet, or the case?
Heavier than that, or more importantly a longer bullet, may not be able to be stabilized in that cartridge without a faster twist.
I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.
Guy M

Post by Guy M »

If it's deforming the bullet. You might be able to either modify the seating die yourself, or get one made for that particular bullet. Send the bullet to the die maker, and ask them to make a seating die specifically for that bullet. They should be able to do that.

Guy