USA made gun safes?

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

USA made gun safes?

Post by Ray P »

Yoo guys/girls anyone have any good recommendations on a good safe company?
I"m sure everyone here has few guns or maybe a more than a few.
I Need to get a safe. A once in a life time buy.......I hope?? Some of my friends say buy two small ones in stead of one big one? Every day used rifles in one and ones not used so much in the other???
Thanks for any help. :wall:
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Re: USA made gun safes?

Post by acloco »

I like my Cannon 24 gun safes. They are packed! Cabela's sells the Cannon's with the Cabela name on them at just under a grand, so, go find the Cannon brand name safes.

If you want more time on fireproofing, just add another layer of cement board or sheetrock on the interior.

Two smaller safes are the best way to go....a LOT easier to move if necessary.
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

Mine is made by National Security. Not cheap, close to 2K 20 years ago but its solid and heavy over 1/2 ton.

Jim
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Post by ryutzy »

I have the same safe as acloco. I like mine, it is chuck full and want to buy another as its too full. You can never buy a safe big enough, but as acloco mentioned, two smaller safes are the way to go.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
RUD
.204 Ruger Guns: cooper model 21 phoenix

Post by RUD »

Mine is a 52 gun Heritage safe. It is made in Idaho. They make all different sizes and levels of fire protection, and pricing levels from economy to medium end type safes. I have only had mine for about 18 months and I am well satisfied so far with it. I think the two seperate safes may be a good idea if you have the room for them, because mine was a bugger to get in the basement. Good luck and enjoy filling up whichever one you decide to purchase. Rudy
jeffnet
.204 Ruger Guns: White Oak Precision Ar 15 Savage 12 LRPV

Post by jeffnet »

Was at the gun store today and was told by the salesman that they have been getting Heritage safes in that are now assembled in MEXICO, he was not to happy about it but that is the fact. Maybe the steel is from the US and shipped to Mexico. Anyway he stated when they arrive at the store there is a sticker on the shipping box about the assembly in Mexico. So I will be purchasing a Liberty safe. jeffnet
sledboyjr
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by sledboyjr »

We have a fort knox safe, and we are really pleased with it. We had them come down to switch out the lock, and they seemed to do a fairly good job. The safe is very roomy, and seem to be very user friendly as well
If A Man Is In A Forest, With No Woman To Hear Him...IS HE STILL WRONG?
I Dream Of A Better World, Where Chickens Can Cross The Road Without Their Motives Being Questioned
remy3424
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700, Tika T3, Ruger 77R MKII., Savage Pred., Rem XR100 +

Post by remy3424 »

My recommendation would be to buy the biggest one you can afford or largest you can accomdate to where you want to put it. You really don't want it to be easily moved, kinda the point of one, it is your fire and theft insurance policy. Don't worry, you will likely out grow whatever one you choose and then you will have two. My current vault is a "Champion" I believe, not sure about where it was made, sold at Scheels, seemed to be a good value, just added rope lighting to it. Next one will be a walk in room.
Take a kid to the range, both of you will be glad you did. remy3424
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

Thanks for all the input guys. I only wish the I had the room/funds to do a...............Next one will be a walk in room.
I ended getting a AR35F Browning safe 30 inside plus 10 on the door so that should do for a while. Will find out how many bench rifle with large scopes it will really fit?
Thanks again for all the input.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"