Burris optics

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Burris optics

Post by Ray P »

Looking a Burris XTR II in 5x25x50 w/ 34mm tube and SCR/MOA reticle. Any have one? See one? Handle one? Quality of glass?

Thanks for any input. Nightforce, Leupold, Us optics are getting a little pricey these days......................I know the saying here on the site you get what you pay for.

Later
Ray P :chin:
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
johnhenry
.204 Ruger Guns: M-77 Hawkeye Predator .204

Re: Burris optics

Post by johnhenry »

I have four Burris scopes. Fullfield e-1`s Fullfield 2`s in 6.5 x 20 x 50 and 4.5 X 14 X 42.
All seem to have very good glass and accurate adjustments. If the XTR is as good as the afore mentioned then I would be happy to buy one if I needed a longer range scope.
I do have other scopes (Leopold and Nikon) but Burris seems just as good to me regardless of pricing.
Just my opinion, Johnhenry
Darkker
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger Predator

Re: Burris optics

Post by Darkker »

I handled the EARLY releases, that had some issues. They seemed to be perfectly fine. Honestly not sure I would spend the money for one. For that price range I would go with the SWFA 5-20, seem to be much clearer/truer to original color.

The folks you listed aren't "US" optics, btw. Only one that is actually US made(not simply assembled, with substitutions) is the New Vortex.
I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.