Hunker mounts and CZ's "new" bolt???

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
inKYfromSD
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 varmint .204, Cooper Model 21 20 VarTarg

Hunker mounts and CZ's "new" bolt???

Post by inKYfromSD »

Picking up a new CZ 527 Varmint in .204! Does anyone know if the Calhoun Hunker mounts work with the "new" CZ bolt handle? I'm mounting a Vortex Viper 30mm tube and I'd like it as low as possible. Other viable options?

Thanks!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Hunker mounts and CZ's "new" bolt???

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Hey Brian! Congrats on the CZ 204 score!

As for the Calhoon Hunker mounts clearing the 'new' CZ bolt handles, all I can offer is a view of the fit of the Hunker mounts on my CZ 527 in 221FB, but with Brad's stainless recurved bolt handle installed. That handle now wears a more traditional tear-drop knob instead of the knurled 'tactical' knob shown.....much more comfortable.

The pic shows my 527 American with the standard sporter barrel. The varmint model has a heavier barrel, so that may require more than "low" rings to clear, depending on the objective diameter of the Vortex scope you're planning on. You'll have do to some math to make sure once you know both the ring height and objective dia.

The Hunker mounts are the lowest you'll find though......I checked virtually EVERY ring/mount maker before springing for the Calhoon rings. They are a full .125" lower than any other offering for the CZ rifles.

The VX2 4-12X shown has a 40mm objective for comparison if that helps. Good luck with the setup once you get it all sorted out. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

10gaugemag
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Post by 10gaugemag »

What about Calhoons modified bolt handle? Should go hand in hand with their Hunker mount rings.
dan97526
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper M21, Cooper 38 20VT, CZ 17H

Post by dan97526 »

Wish I'd have known about these before I went with Talleys. Good rings, just hate how high they are.