Redhead scopes

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
Verminator2
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 24" stainless fluted.

Redhead scopes

Post by Verminator2 »

I was recently at my grandparents in Kingman,AZ, and on the way I stopped at BassPro shops in Vegas and saw their redhead scopes. I believe it was like a Alpine,or someting or other that started with an a,model. Are these scopes any good or are they just junk? I have been looking for a low cost 22 scope and was looking for, at the recommendation from some of the people on this forum, a bushnell or simmons, but didn't see any and ran across this scope instead. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Bomb Squad: If you see me running, try and keep up
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

If you're talking 22 rimfire I don't foresee a problem as long as it will adjust & repeat for you. I used Simmons for years on rimfires,, due to the lack of recoil,, with no problems. Now I buy the lower end Nikons mostly. HTH
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Verminator2
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 24" stainless fluted.

Post by Verminator2 »

Thanks Glen, and yes I am talking about 10/22.
Bomb Squad: If you see me running, try and keep up
sniper2o4

Post by sniper2o4 »

I bought a 4x20 Daisy BB gun scope at Wally world for my .22 for $6.95 and it's never lost its zero and is repeatable. I've changed zero from 65 yards to 150 and back and didn't have any problems. Why 150? At one time I was shooting across a lake at some floating jugs at about that range which required this change . I'm definitely not suggesting that you buy one, I'm just sayin that it doesn't have to be a high dollar scope for a .22, due to almost no recoil. True, that Daisy doesn't have that much light gathering capability as a bigger objective scope would, but for 7 bucks I could care less! :) But since you are looking for a good .22 scope, I recomend checking out swfa.com, and looking at some of the Bushnell scopes there.
sniper2o4

Remington model 700 ADL .204 w/ Leupold 2-7x33 Vari-X I

Marlin model 25mn .22 mag w/ 2.5x32 Bushnell sharpshooter