March scopes

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

March scopes

Post by skipper »

I have been reading some very interesting reports about March scopes. Most say they will resolve shots on targets that neither a NightForce or Leupold or any other scope will. The report on 6mmbr.com rates them as the best of the best. They are only carried by Kelbly's currently and are based in Japan.

Does anyone have any real world experience with these scopes? I'm interested in getting my hands on one.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
BunGhoLeo

Post by BunGhoLeo »

For $2,200 bucks and 40 power, it better be able to read the back of a pill bottle at 600 meters.

I need a better job.
HogPopper

Post by HogPopper »

What he said!
Arizona Hunter

Re: March scopes

Post by Arizona Hunter »

My friend has a Nightforce 8-32 x 56 ($1600) and it has lots of mil dots. I've spotted him on a rabbit and a p-dog at 650 yds hits. If you have the money it is a fantastic scope. Clear optics and built well says he-better be for $1600.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Arizona Hunter

I agree that Nightforce scopes are about as good as it gets. I recently bought my second 12-42X56 mm Benchrest model. I have heard that the March Scopes can resolve smaller objects than my NightForce and that has caught my attention. Of course, seeing that they are made in Japan and currently only imported by Kelblys, warranty work might require a trip back to Japan. Before I slap my money down, I'd like to actually hear some first hand reports or, even better, look through one side by side with my NightForce.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Arizona Hunter

Post by Arizona Hunter »

Skipper,
Speaking of warranty work, a friend recently put a Ziess Diavari on a rifle and it would not zero! It put everything 5 inches left and therw was no more adjustment possible. Warranty? Yes, but since it was built in Germany he had to send it to Germany :mad: . If he had a Conquest, it would have been serviced in the US. He said that's the last time he'll do that.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

March Scopes: In the current issue of Precision Shooting, March scopes are starting to show up in the winners circle and equipment lists of the Super Shoot and significant Bench Rest Matches.....just a sidenote....
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails