Simmons/Meade Optics

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
LeeC

Simmons/Meade Optics

Post by LeeC »

Picked up a Simmons Prairie Master 8-32x40 on the cheap, and got what I paid for....no good whatsoever. Sent it in, and today they replaced it with a Pro Hunter 6-21x40, which would cost me more than twice what I paid for the other. Hmmmm. Wonder if I hollered loud enough, they'd send me a Weaver V6-24? I'd like more power, but this seems to be a pretty good scope.
"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: Simmons/Meade Optics

Post by glenn asher »

I had a V-24 crap out on me, on my last PD trip :mad: , stick with watcha got :? you'll probably have better luck with it! Meade won't fix 'em without a receipt, either, so if you're like me, you'd be outa luck on getting it fixed.
I replaced the V-24 with a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18, which I think is gonna be okay. I hope so...............

I DO have three Simmons 6.5-20x44s on my .223s and my little Fireball (the older 1048 models) and I've been happy enough with them (and had NO troubles out of them, either) to keep them working on my rat rifles. A buddy likes those Whitetail Classic 6.5-20x50s enough to have bought three of them, too. So far, we're doing okay with them.
I don't know enough about the new ones to comment on them, but I hope your luck with Simmons is as good as ours has been.
(for the record, I had great luck with the old steel Weavers, they were bulletproof, although no Leupolds in brightness, they never broke on me) Meade ain't on my Christmas list in regards to what they've done with Weavers, though.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!