marlin 17hmr scope?

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
shawn700
.204 Ruger Guns: remington 700sps

marlin 17hmr scope?

Post by shawn700 »

i have a marlin 917 and was wondering on the best scope. I have a bsa sweet 17 on it now. The book said to zero at 100y then once you replace the knob then just turn the knob to the desired range. It goes from 100y to 300y. I zero it at 100y then start shooting and then once you turn those knobs the scope starts to shoot off zero does anyone else have this problem? it may be the scope i have checked all the rings and mount screws. My cousin has the same gun and his does the same thing with his bsa sweet 17.
the_right_reverend
.204 Ruger Guns: RUGER KM77VT MKII

Re: marlin 17hmr scope?

Post by the_right_reverend »

my sweet 17 is a piece of junk too.. screwed off the front lens cover and the ring fell off don't thing anyone sell them around here anymore
It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men....Image
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

I put a Bausch & Lomb on mine in 3-9. Wish I woulda put 12x on her instead. If it were me I would just drop a nice 12x Swift or a Bushnell on it. It's just a RF so most any scope in the $150-$200 range will work beyond your expectations. I've heard a lot of bad reviews on those BSA's.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Ahab
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Contender Hvy. barrel, Savage 112

Post by Ahab »

I put the Mueller Eraticator 8.5-25x50 on mine about a year ago and have been extremely happy with it. :D
NRA Endowment
Arizona Antelope Foundation
Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Society
the_right_reverend
.204 Ruger Guns: RUGER KM77VT MKII

Post by the_right_reverend »

Mueller would be a excellent choice, the guys at Rimfire Central http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/ think highly of the Mueller line of scopes they sound like a very good deal for the money
It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men....Image
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

I have a Burris Fullfield II on my HMR. It has the Ballistic Plex reticle, which is set up perfectly for the 17gr. VMax bullet. That's lucky, because that's the ammo the rifle prefers. I've made kills on PDs at 250 yards, using the Ballistic Plex reticle, so it works like it's supposed to.

The Burris cost as much as my Marlin, and it's been worth every penny.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!