base mount for a howa1500

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
iancxx
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 204

base mount for a howa1500

Post by iancxx »

hiya,i will be haveing a look at the howa in 204,this week,and was wondering which mounts you all were useing on your rifles,cant find a lot of info anywhere,any advice apreciated,as will prob,s have to send of for the mount,s,and allso a lot cheaper in the states,as to over here in rip of britain :eek: ,allso not a lot of variety over here,rfd,s carry very little stock,and most have the attitude that customer,s are idiot,s and know nothing,but they are so clever,boils my p**s,moan over,looking forward to reading some decent info of you guy,s in the know,well time to feed the zoo,and take the pup for a walk,love the holiday,s,have a good one,ian
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Re: base mount for a howa1500

Post by Glen »

I like the Luepold mounts if you can find them there.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
spongejo
.204 Ruger Guns: howa1500

Post by spongejo »

hi ian, on my howa ive got quick release leupold ones on a weaver type rail.
ollie
iancxx

Post by iancxx »

spongejo wrote:hi ian, on my howa ive got quick release leupold ones on a weaver type rail.
ollie
hiya ollie,where did you get your mount,s,down at northallertton gun ctr this week for a look at a couple of rifles,i hope,,will try have a look at the leupold if they have em in stock,prob,s easier to order from the usa,,thank,s for the replies fella,s,ian,
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

On my Howa 1500 Varminter, I am using Leupold, 2 piece bases and Leupold rings. As for the bases, they are the same as for the Remington 700. I like the 2 piece bases for more room when extracting empties. The scope I am using is a Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm w/variable objective. I did have to shim somewhere between .015 and .018 under the rear mount, to be able to get my elevation adjustment taken care of. I did this in August of 2007, so the exact shim thickness escapes me at this time. At my age, I guess I am suffering from a little CRS, so that is my excuse for everything I have forgotten over the years, and I am sticking to it! :shock:
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
iancxx

Post by iancxx »

hiya,done the deed and got me a howa 1500 24"varmint barrel,it has some mounts on it,2 piece,which as said above should aid loading and shell ejection,,delivered to my rfd next week,just need to sort the paper work out,then let the fun begin,thanks for the advice fella,s,,ian :D
Pmoper
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

Post by Pmoper »

iancxx wrote:hiya,i will be haveing a look at the howa in 204,this week,and was wondering which mounts you all were useing on your rifles,cant find a lot of info anywhere,any advice apreciated,as will prob,s have to send of for the mount,s,and allso a lot cheaper in the states,as to over here in rip of britain :eek: ,allso not a lot of variety over here,rfd,s carry very little stock,and most have the attitude that customer,s are idiot,s and know nothing,but they are so clever,boils my p**s,moan over,looking forward to reading some decent info of you guy,s in the know,well time to feed the zoo,and take the pup for a walk,love the holiday,s,have a good one,ian
Remington mounts will fit as well.....Friend has one with the one piece Remington on it
iancxx

Post by iancxx »

hiya pmoper,thank,s for the info,had better pop over to the reloading section and start reading up :) ,see what i fancy for her,will be strting with 32g v maxans 39g sbk,s,if i can get any over here,cheer,s,,ian
Pmoper

Post by Pmoper »

iancxx wrote:hiya pmoper,thank,s for the info,had better pop over to the reloading section and start reading up :) ,see what i fancy for her,will be strting with 32g v maxans 39g sbk,s,if i can get any over here,cheer,s,,ian
I was just checking out Hrdy Z max....would like to give them a shot so to speak....
Pmoper

Post by Pmoper »

Pmoper wrote:
iancxx wrote:hiya pmoper,thank,s for the info,had better pop over to the reloading section and start reading up :) ,see what i fancy for her,will be strting with 32g v maxans 39g sbk,s,if i can get any over here,cheer,s,,ian
I was just checking out Hrdy Z max....would like to give them a shot so to speak....
Hey, I can "smuggle" some to you.....LOL
iancxx

Post by iancxx »

hiya,well i took the plunge and bought me a howa 204 1500 24"varmint barrel,sst,sitting in the gun shop,awaiting my paper work,need,s screwcut for moderator,need to order my boyd,s stock for her,she has some mounts on at the mo,need to have a better look at em,will prob need new ones i think,i have a couple of hundred once fired brass to load up when i get my paper work,(licence)back,cant wait to get stuck in,need,s to get a bit warmer though,down to -5 last night,bliddy freezing,well of for a coffee,might take you up on the offer pmoper,well coffee then bed,on n/shift again,,luv it,,ian
iancxx

Post by iancxx »

hiya,still waiting for my paper work to arive,frustrating as heck,got a fancy for a lucas bore guide now,any one used em,or know where i can get a one shipped to the uk,ian
Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Post by Bodei »

I bought a one-piece DNZ mount/rings as I have been happy with the other two I bought. I bought the meduim rings for a Mueller 44mm Obj and they work fine on the Howa 24" BBL.
K = ½mv2
iancxx

Post by iancxx »

Bodei wrote:Bodei
hiya,i will be useing the 2 part ones first,some allready on her,will try em out,might be easier for loading,will find out soon i hope,just got to trim the new boy,ds stock up,barrel channel is a bit small for a heavy varmint barrel,all the fun of playing with our toy,s,,ian