Does this scope exist?

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
ZenArchery
.204 Ruger Guns: Bushmaster .204

Does this scope exist?

Post by ZenArchery »

Ever since i purchased my .204 I've been shopping around for a new scope. What I am looking for is this.

A tactical style scope with adjustable locking torrents that is non-MIL or non-MOA hash marks or dots. I basically want long crosshairs with a dot in the middle.

I also want good glass meaning I am willing to spend money on a good day time scope. If you can point me to something like this I would greatly appreciate it.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Does this scope exist?

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Leupold offers a wide range of scopes exactly as you describe. I believe the reticle you refer to is the tapered crosshair w/dot. You can order turrets marked however you wish, although their M1 turrets are marked in 1/4" clicks @ 100. You'd also need to order that specific reticle. It's on their website and in their current catalog.

Here's one of my 204's, this one a custom M700 with a SS Super Match 11-twist Pac-Nor 3-groove barrel with a Lupy VX3 6.5-20X LR with the M1 turrets mentioned:

If you have a ballistics program and a chronograph, you can make up "come-up" charts that with the 204 are effective and reliable for first shot hit probability all the way out to 500+ yards, depending on your bullet/load.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Fred_C_Dobbs
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 Varminter Low Profile

Re: Does this scope exist?

Post by Fred_C_Dobbs »

You can find a scope that trips your trigger, then check to see if Kenton Industries makes custom turrets for that model (presuming the scope's manufacturer doesn't make one).