Weaver buck commander scope

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
rugermk2
.204 Ruger Guns: cz 527 american

Weaver buck commander scope

Post by rugermk2 »

I have been looking at the weaver buck commander 4-16-42 scope online. I don't have anywhere close to look through them so I was curious if anybody here has any experience with them or how they would compare to a Burris ff2.
Pmoper
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

Re: Weaver buck commander scope

Post by Pmoper »

Hi....I have been "glass hunting" as well......I don't know if I am supposed to mention sites here but will take the chance.....Midway has a sale going on and some very good prices on scopes...you might want to check them out.....if I am not supposed to do this I am sorry....just trying to help a fellow shooter out....I am NOT involved in any way with Midway......
rugermk2

Post by rugermk2 »

Thanks for the reply I live about 15 mins from midway so I do most of my shopping there. Only problem is they are mail order or pickup only and I hate buying a scope without being able to look through it first. I have been looking and there just isn't much out there on the buck commander so I thought I might luck out and find someone who had tried one
rugermk2

Post by rugermk2 »

Well answered my own question in case anybody else was curious. I emailed weaver last night and they emailed back and said that the weaver classic v will be compatible to a fullfield 2. He said it was japaneese made and that the buck commander is made in Philippines and doesn't have the glass or the coatings to compete with the ff2.
Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Post by Bodei »

Check out the Nikons as well, also Nikon's "spot-on" ballistics/reticle program on their website. 3/4 of my rifles have Nikons, I'm a big fan.
K = ½mv2
wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

anyone looking for good quality optics at a reasonable price should check out the Clearidge and Hawke optics that we are carrying. The Clearidge scopes are made at the Light Optical Works factory in Japan. This same factory builds scopes like the Bushnell Elite 6500 and also some of the NightForce scopes. We selected both the Clearidge and Hawke scope lines after doing some very in depth research. We feel that both companies have a lot to offer in respect to quality and value. We are currently running a spring optics sale that includes free shipping on all scopes. Email or call us for a price quote. Email: sales@customreloadingtools.com or phone: 260-225-4400

Brad
Custom Reloading Tools LLC