Hawke Scope report

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Hawke Scope report

Post by Joe O »

I ordered a Hawke,Sidewinder Tactical 6.5-20x42 scope from Brad at CRT a few days ago and it showed up this morning.Perfectt day to sight it in on my K1V
Ruger #1.I was looking for more eye relief as I had to crawl the stock with both Leupold and Vortex scopes that I tried,even though I have offset rear rings(leupold).The mounting went quickley and eye relief is perfect.This Hawke has features rarely found on scopes at twice he price.($380 shipped).It comes in it's own suitcase,which provides maximum protection.The reticle is etched,mil dot with 1/2 slashes in between.It is very fine and illuminated red or gbreen.The brightness setting is on the outside of the side paralax knob.Turret adjustments are pull out to turn,and push in to lock.Best of all, the glass is bright and clear.I'll run a box tomorrow to see how it tracks.Check it out.
wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Re: Hawke Scope report

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

Joe,

Thank You for posting up a review of your new Hawke Sidewinder scope. I am glad to hear that you are happy with it. :D

Here are some additional details/info on the Hawke products for anyone that's interested:
http://www.customreloadingtools.com/crt_049.htm

Brad