What would you get?

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Re: What would you get?

Post by Mike »

Boisblancboy wrote:While I agree to some extent about your comments. I'm not sure what the difference would be between counting a few click or hoping that the particular hash mark(which your still guessing at) is going to be more accurate.
Speed is the difference for me. It's much faster to hold off for wind than to dial a turret. Especially in a prairie dog town where distance and wind are constantly changing.
Boisblancboy
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VS SF II

Post by Boisblancboy »

Thanks a lot and I will. Don't hold your breath probably be awhile before I end up with something.
.204 Remington 700 VS SF II
remy3424
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700, Tika T3, Ruger 77R MKII., Savage Pred., Rem XR100 +

Post by remy3424 »

You might take a peek at the Nikon Buckmasters 6-18X scopes (decent scope mil-dot ret. for $325 at Midway now), just about right for the 223/204 type of rifles shooting out to 350yds or further, should work well. I use the extra turret knob on the elevation and keep the cap on the windage knob. Run your info through JB Ballistics program and tape a cheet sheet to the side of your rifle stock. This trick helped me double my shooting percentage I would guess.
Take a kid to the range, both of you will be glad you did. remy3424
Boisblancboy
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VS SF II

Post by Boisblancboy »

Well I did pick up a scope more for load development than hunting. It's a Weaver T 36. So far I love it. My groups tighten up a little since it takes the guess work out of thinking your crosshairs are in the center of the bullseye.

But as for a variable power hunting scope I don't know when that will happen since my extra fundage is going toward a new tube gun build in .308 for FTR.
.204 Remington 700 VS SF II