WTB .40 cal bullets

Discuss, trade, swap, sell or buy stuff!
Pmoper
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

WTB .40 cal bullets

Post by Pmoper »

Hello...I am in need for .40 cal bullets for reloading...with the Ammo scare can't find any anywhere....any help would be appreciated....thanks......Paul
trappinjohn
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Re: WTB .40 cal bullets

Post by trappinjohn »

Powder Valley shows they have Nosler 135 and 180gr in stock.

This shortage is unbelievable.
Trent
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Varminter

Post by Trent »

http://www.shop.rmrbullets.com/

Get them while he has them in stock. He just posted these up this morning and they won't last long.
Pmoper

Post by Pmoper »

Trent wrote:http://www.shop.rmrbullets.com/

Get them while he has them in stock. He just posted these up this morning and they won't last long.

Thanks...ordered 1000...enough to keep me busy for a couple of nights and prepared for company should they decide to come....again...thanks.....Paul
Trent

Post by Trent »

Pmoper wrote:

Thanks...ordered 1000...enough to keep me busy for a couple of nights and prepared for company should they decide to come....again...thanks.....Paul
Uh oh. You have an uninvited guest? I had to remove an intruder at gunpoint a few years ago. Not a fun situation. Little hair raising!

I ordered 500 of the 180gr HSTs today. Also loaded up about 700 180gr LSWC rounds the past couple days. Should keep me in practice for a little while.
Pmoper

Post by Pmoper »

Trent wrote:
Pmoper wrote:

Uh oh. You have an uninvited guest? I had to remove an intruder at gunpoint a few years ago. Not a fun situation. Little hair raising!

I ordered 500 of the 180gr HSTs today. Also loaded up about 700 180gr LSWC rounds the past couple days. Should keep me in practice for a little while.
I thought about the 180 gr pills...but I read that the bullets in 155-175 gr range performed a bit better out of the 40 S&W.....all depend son what recipe you like I guess.....shoot straight....shoot often....Paul
Pmoper

Post by Pmoper »

I'd like to thank those that helped me out...could use just a bit more help as now I can't find small pistol primers......once again asking for a bit of help.....thanks.....Paul
Trent

Post by Trent »

Can't help you there. I've been using small rifle primers (cci 400) in my 40 S&W for a little while now since I was caught off guard and haven't been able to get any small pistol primers. My loads run towards the minimum recommended charge weights so I had no issues whatsoever swapping in the rifle primers (this is not an uncommon practice in the 40s&w). My .40 is a Para Ordnance and it hits them plenty hard.
Pmoper

Post by Pmoper »

Trent wrote:Can't help you there. I've been using small rifle primers (cci 400) in my 40 S&W for a little while now since I was caught off guard and haven't been able to get any small pistol primers. My loads run towards the minimum recommended charge weights so I had no issues whatsoever swapping in the rifle primers (this is not an uncommon practice in the 40s&w). My .40 is a Para Ordnance and it hits them plenty hard.
Have read that some are using small rifle primers....Not too keen on that practice....My face isn't "pretty" by any imagination....but I sort of like it intact.......
Trent

Post by Trent »

I understand. Safety first.

Its been done for a long time. There is far more difference between different brands of primers than people realize. Here is an example (and this is true of all types of primers). You can see the huge difference from one to the next and these are all small rifle primers. There isn't a lot of consistency in primers. A CCI small rifle primer may actually have less "flash" than a Winchester small pistol primer. It's not uncommon to use small rifle primers in certain pistol cartridges just like it's not uncommon to use magnum primers in place of standard primers for certain loads. These photos are property of German Salazar http://riflemansjournal.blogspot.com/20 ... study.html

Acronin
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 12FV

Post by Acronin »

If you are just looking for FMJ Sheels here has a ton of Berry's MFG 155 gr bullets. They had about 10,000 primers and about the same in bullets. If I run out I just run up to Scheels and get more.