Kimber contour Lilja barrel

Discuss, trade, swap, sell or buy stuff!
K22
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber

Kimber contour Lilja barrel

Post by K22 »

For sale is a new in the plastic Kimber Montana contour Lilja 20cal. barrel. It's a 3 groove 11T stainless barrel.
$400 shipped and insured.

Thanks

Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Kimber contour Lilja barrel

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Dang the luck, K22!

If I had not just splurged for a new Wilson Combat SFX9, that barrel would be coming my way for my Kimber 84M.
Good luck, I know it won't last long. Did you also post over on Accurate Shooter? More traffic there.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

K22

Post by K22 »

Yes. I did post it on Accurate Shooter but no takers at that time.
Since I still have it I need to find an 84M in 223 to rebarrel. LOL
MTPaul
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Montana Varminter

Post by MTPaul »

K22,

Is the Lilja barrel still available? If so, I also wonder what is the overall length of the barrel in its current condition? Ideally, I would want the final finished length to be as close to 26 inches as possible. Thanks.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Paul, check your PM's.....
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

K22

Post by K22 »

MTPaul wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:48 pm K22,

Is the Lilja barrel still available? If so, I also wonder what is the overall length of the barrel in its current condition? Ideally, I would want the final finished length to be as close to 26 inches as possible. Thanks.
I believe the barrel 27" but I will check to make sure.
And yes, it still is for sale.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

K22..... your screen name is creating some confusion here and elsewhere. There has been another fellow I'm very familiar with who started using that name on Accurate Shooter, Saubier and other forums over 15 years ago. He's in PA and has recently discovered you using the name "K22" also now.

Not sure now long you've been around, but for the sake of eliminating further confusion, would you consider doing a slight screen name modification to avoid any further mix-ups? It has already created some confusion here this past week in regard to your Lilja barrel. Maybe put a number before or after the screen name? Dunno, but a change sure would be appreciated here, over on AS and other forums the 'original' K22 frequents. Two identical screen names just isn't a good thing.

Thanks for your consideration.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

K22

Post by K22 »

Rick,

I started using that username a bit before 2002. I'm not sure why I would change mine after all these years. For reference, you can go to rimfirecentral and check my post using the username K22. I've posted recently in the CZ thread on that website.
On 24hourcampfire website I've been using that username since 2006 and the same with the Saubier website.
So what I'm saying is I've been using K22 for a bit over 21yrs. Only on Accurate shooter did I have vary it some because someone else was using mine.
MTPaul
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Montana Varminter

Post by MTPaul »

Hi K22! I appreciate you responding to my inquiry as to the availability of the Lilja barrel. For background, I was looking for a factory 204R rifle and I had narrowed down my choices to just a handful of options and the Kimber was certainly among those. Included in the select few rifle choices, was a Cooper model 21. I wasn't sure whether this rifle would finally pass muster after it was received and my gunsmith gave it a thorough inspection, so I was keeping my options open with finding a suitable Kimber. With the addition of your Lilja barrel, it would have certainly made the Kimber a top contender.

However, after receiving the Cooper and after my gunsmith was able to closely inspect the rifle, I've decided to stay with the Cooper.

Thanks again for your response and I expect the Lilja barrel will eventually find a good home.