WTB Once fired 204 brass

Discuss, trade, swap, sell or buy stuff!
remy3424
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700, Tika T3, Ruger 77R MKII., Savage Pred., Rem XR100 +

WTB Once fired 204 brass

Post by remy3424 »

Well, I will have another 204 to feed, a Savage 10 Predator Hunter Brush and will need brass for this rig. For any non-reloaders, let me know how many, what brand, $s and I'll will get back with you. Thanks, remy3424
Take a kid to the range, both of you will be glad you did. remy3424
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: WTB Once fired 204 brass

Post by Rick in Oregon »

remy: You'd be better off just buying a bag of either WW or R-P bulk brass, and then have fireformed brass for YOUR rifle chamber, not another chamber(s) of unknown dimensions.

Buying "once-fired" brass fired from a number of different rifles of unknown chamber dimensions is NOT going down the Accuracy Road, nor will you really be saving any money in the end. New dedicated brass for each rifle should be the rule.

It took me a while long ago to realize this, but it's true. :chin:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

btlbrn
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100

Post by btlbrn »

Rick in Oregon wrote:remy: You'd be better off just buying a bag of either WW or R-P bulk brass, and then have fireformed brass for YOUR rifle chamber, not another chamber(s) of unknown dimensions.

Buying "once-fired" brass fired from a number of different rifles of unknown chamber dimensions is NOT going down the Accuracy Road, nor will you really be saving any money in the end. New dedicated brass for each rifle should be the rule.

It took me a while long ago to realize this, but it's true. :chin:
+1 what RIO, said. I believe it is very important to know just where my brass has "been"!! :D
shooting fishing camping did I mention shooting??
Steve
boliep
.204 Ruger Guns: Browning Medallion A-bolt

Post by boliep »

If you do not want to take their advice, I have around 100, maybe 120, once fired but mixed head stamp brass. It was fired in a Browning Medallion A-bolt. I was trying to find out which factory ammo and bullet weight shot best in that rifle.

Also have new RCBS dies for Ruger 204 if you need them too.

My email is boliep@yahoo.com if you prefer to contact me that way.
remy3424

Post by remy3424 »

I realize that, this rifle will be more of a walk around rig, if all the brass is the same lot the interal capacity should be close and more uniform neck tension also. Thinking this rifle will be used for out to maybe 300 yards; if I cull extremes, I hope the preformance will be with in a half inch at 100 yards. If I had known the future I would have bought new brass a month ago when Cabelas had 20% off and $5 shipping.
slickshot223
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage, Kimber, Contender

Post by slickshot223 »

If you expect to shoot a one hole group then you should dedicate your brass to the gun--if you are happy with under 3/4 inch groups then you can use once fired as long as you have a good set of dies---all of my varmint rifles in 223 shoot 3/4 inch or less with once fired LC brass. :P
remy3424

Post by remy3424 »

I will someday maybe use this new one for my walking rifle on the dog towns. I will need hundreds of rounds, not shooting from a bench for the most part. I wouldn't expect any brass to punch one hole groups without culling them down by weight etc. I just don't want to put that kind of effort into coming up with 300 fully prepped matched cases and then I have that many culled cases with no purpose. I hate losing a few regular cases in the field, I would reallly be searching for the brass if they were all "match" prepped.