Waiting on the draws...

Talk about North American big game hunting.
Guy M

Waiting on the draws...

Post by Guy M »

Wyoming - put in for a non-resident mule deer tag with my hunting buddy. Waiting... Won't know until later this summer...

Washington - put in for spring bear. Not drawn. Phooey.

Washington - about to put in for my elk & deer tags for '09... Won't know until sometime this summer... Always put in for moose, goat and bighorn sheep too - but I figure that's just my donation to the WDFW, no real chance of being drawn! :D

I just hate the wait... I get all excited about figuring out which areas & hunts to apply for - make the choices, send the money and wait... And wait... Hopefully it will be a good season, with hunting in both states. Maybe Idaho too if I can squeeze in the time...
fattrav10

Re: Waiting on the draws...

Post by fattrav10 »

I here ya waiting on colorado mulie tag wont know till end of june. Good luck with all your tags especially the sheep would love to do that myself someday.
bullfrog
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather Ultralight

Post by bullfrog »

Just found out last week we didn't get drawn in montana. Thought we were due this year. Oh well, now I know what to put in for in Oregon. Only problem is actually drawing something.
I always put in for sheep and goat too. I have a cousin (from washington) that drew the only non-resident rocky mt. bighorn in Oregon a few years ago. I still don't think he knows how lucky he is. :roll:
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul.
Verminator2
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 24" stainless fluted.

Post by Verminator2 »

I haven't put in yet, but I'm going to put in for mule deer, both buck and doe, bull elk, speedgoats (wish me luck :roll: ) and bighorn ( wish me more luck :lol: )
Bomb Squad: If you see me running, try and keep up
Guy M

Post by Guy M »

Bighorn.. Yeah, that's a "once in a lifetime" tag here in Washington - and about 5,000:1 odds against ya for the draw... Not likely. Still, I can dream...
ultralightshooter
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger m77 markII ultralight

Post by ultralightshooter »

GuyM, How did you do in the WA draws this year? I didn't draw swat this year in WA or in montana yet, hopefully i'll get a speed goat tag.
Guy M

Post by Guy M »

Nothing for Washington. Still waiting on Wyoming. Plan on hunting mule deer, elk and black bear here in Washington with my regular tags. That's not all bad! :D

My teenage son drew a late-season doe tag for our favorite mule-deer hunting area, so if he doesn't tag a buck in the regular season, he gets a chance for a doe a couple of weeks later. That works for both of us...

Regards, and good luck with the tag hunt!

Guy
Guy M

Post by Guy M »

Woo Hoo! Drew non-resident tags for Wyoming mule deer! :D