Part two of photos

Talk about North American big game hunting.
GlennGTR1
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77 all weather ultralight

Part two of photos

Post by GlennGTR1 »

This is me with the perfect Olympic mountain range rifle. Ruger 77 compact 7-08. Second photo is my outdoor gym. Nice and steep aint it?
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Re: Part two of photos

Post by acloco »

LOL! Nice pictures. Great buck as well.

What is the monthly membership cost at your gym? :)
huntsman22
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77VT and ruger mkII Ultralite

Post by huntsman22 »

Glenn, I see we go to the same barber....... Ain't those little ruger's fun? I sure like the target grey coating on my UL. If you look real close, there is a buck bedded up at the top of the bowl, just below the twin rock spires in the upper right of the pic. Why'nt ya just run up there and get a closer peek?.........Bring back a pic of him tomorrow.......
steve
.204 Ruger Guns: rem 204 lvsf

Post by steve »

love the mountains and the 7-08.
Lenard
.204 Ruger Guns: 700 Remington

Post by Lenard »

That is an excellent choice in calibers, especially at 30'. :)

Lenard
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Glenn: Nice little rifle, great hunting country and scenery too. My kind of place.

I see we share the same interest in the 7-08. I've got calibers from mild to wild, and for the sheer sake of a nice little efficient hunting caliber for thin skinned game, I've grown to love my 7-08 Ackley. Trailside, she weighs just 6.9 lbs, scoped, loaded with sling and shoots 3/8" cloverleaf three shot groups at 100 yds with 120gr BT's at just under 3,400 fps. It's like a laser beam on deer and antelope, and uses ten grains less powder than my pet .270W.

Here's my little titanium beauty during some load workup:

The action is from Prairie Gun Works in Canada, all titanium, including the bolt with a Sako extractor and dual ejector plungers to keep the case centered in the chamber. The barrel is a Gaillard, stainless/fluted and Tuff-Coated black to reduce glare. That's a 120BT WS2 coated ready to launch:

Amazing performance from a .308W based case when compared to its equal on the '06 case:

With the Lupy 2.5-8X scope with target elevation turret and a Mil-Dot reticle installed, I've never wished for more from such a light package:

Don't want to hijack the thread, just wanted to share another 7-08 from another afficionado of the same flavor. ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

Rick.......You never hi-jack a post you just add to it! Glad to hear you 7/08 works.
Keep on sharing!!!!!! It's always nice to here when things work!
Later
Glen..........nice looking Ruger........love the grey laminated stock along with Ruger stainless steel.......What a match!
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"