.204 ruger on a deer?

Talk about North American big game hunting.
savage12fv

Re: .204 ruger on a deer?

Post by savage12fv »

If we only had TED NUGENTS opinion on the matter he seems to be able to explain these things.
The future starts with you.
Take a kid Hunting&Fishing.
chicoredneck
.204 Ruger Guns: saber defense ar 15

Post by chicoredneck »

sorry i know this is a late post, but if you refer to the thread i started in the 204ruger section i have related a story about culling deer and pigs. it is effective on deer sized game, but i recommend the 45gr bullets if you want complete penetration. did you take a deer with your 204?
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

chicoredneck wrote:sorry i know this is a late post, but if you refer to the thread i started in the 204ruger section i have related a story about culling deer and pigs. it is effective on deer sized game, but i recommend the 45gr bullets if you want complete penetration. did you take a deer with your 204?
Surely stirring one pot is enough for you. Why not let this go and move on to more productive conversations. This is NOT a deer hunting forum and no one else wants to debate the merits of deer hunting with a .204 anymore. As adamant as you are about your stance, you need to remember that other people feel the same way about theirs. Accept that and move on to another topic or take the discussion to another forum. This is getting old.
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

Maybe Red Two and Chicoredneck could start their own forum. Something like ".204 Safari, centerfire David and Goliath". I know I should mind my own business but, this topic is not going to find any traction here.
RedTwo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Post by RedTwo »

In response to chicoredneck: no i never did see anything that day. and its funny u posted on this cause i actually just read your post on blasting a deer with your .204, as well as the pigs. good stuff.

And i wish uncle ted would could participate in this conversation. Great music, great politics, great hunting.

savage12fv thanks for the insight on your deer. lung shots i would imagine being a little sketchy at over 100yds. but a neck shot would def drop a deer.

I appreciate all the posts
Last edited by RedTwo on Sat May 15, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedTwo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Post by RedTwo »

Mike wrote:
chicoredneck wrote:sorry i know this is a late post, but if you refer to the thread i started in the 204ruger section i have related a story about culling deer and pigs. it is effective on deer sized game, but i recommend the 45gr bullets if you want complete penetration. did you take a deer with your 204?
Surely stirring one pot is enough for you. Why not let this go and move on to more productive conversations. This is NOT a deer hunting forum and no one else wants to debate the merits of deer hunting with a .204 anymore. As adamant as you are about your stance, you need to remember that other people feel the same way about theirs. Accept that and move on to another topic or take the discussion to another forum. This is getting old.
Mike,

This thread is in the big game section. i believe deer are considered big game. And this is a forum for discussing and yes people have different opinions and i listen to them all. that was the reason i created this thread, to see what you guys had to say. Just because you are tired of this forum doesn't mean everybody else is. no ones forcing you to read this.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

no ones forcing you to read this.
Looks like the last post was 10 days ago so I'm thinking only certain folks are reading it. IF you get my drift? :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

RedTwo wrote:
Mike wrote:
Mike,

This thread is in the big game section. i believe deer are considered big game. And this is a forum for discussing and yes people have different opinions and i listen to them all. that was the reason i created this thread, to see what you guys had to say. Just because you are tired of this forum doesn't mean everybody else is. no ones forcing you to read this.
Red, you would do well to follow all of Chico's earlier posts that occurred at the time of my post that you have quoted. At that point, you would begin to understand exactly why I made the comments that I did. This thread ran its course and then Chico bumped it after his thread ran off the tracks. There are about three people who seem to enjoy shooting deer with a .204 and a whole lot more who strongly disagree with that choice. I see no reason to kick things up all over again...
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

It's done. :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen