My smallest buck!

Talk about North American big game hunting.
Guy M

My smallest buck!

Post by Guy M »

Last year I took a big strong 4x4 mulie... This year, only a few miles from that area, I took the smallest buck I've ever shot. Lots of fun hunting with my son though. We quartered the buck, stuffed him in our backpacks and hiked him out of there. No way could we have dragged him up the rocky slope... At any rate, it was a good hunt. Spotted the buck from a half mile away. Stalked to 175 yards, then had to wait an hour and a half until he raised his head (he was napping) and I could determine if he was a legal buck. Yup legal. Bang. One 115 gr Berger VLD through both shoulders. Down and out. The .25-06 strikes again!

Regards, Guy
broncsandwhiskey
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage modle 12 LRPV

Re: My smallest buck!

Post by broncsandwhiskey »

Nice shooting, and that had to be a good time even though it was not the big one, because you had your son with you and that is the best part. Congrats on the buck and good luck in future hunts. Ride Up!!! :)
RIDE UP!!!
Savage LRPV .204 With a Burris 6.5x20 Mill Dot
And alot of other savage rat killers
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Well Guy, the best eatin' bucks, are the young un's, right? He's sure to be tasty table fare.

Any time afield with our sons is a good time indeed, no matter if any shots are fired or not. The fact that you brought home some meat, and got to fire your .25-06 is just icing on the proverbial cake. Congrats. Glad you both had a good time together. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

Guy M.....................Nice very nice! Glad to see the 25/06 with Bergers is still doing the job. Rack is nice but you can't eat it. Glad to see your son out with you, sure makes for a nice time!
Thanks for sharing the pics and a great story.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Excellent pics...and great report. Love the dark color of that "mountain muley"!!!