Cold day in AB produces!

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Kale_M
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 VTR

Cold day in AB produces!

Post by Kale_M »

-24 here today with wind chill. Perfect time to go calling!! We were filming today as well!

1st stand hear some howling a couple ridges over. No takers.

2nd stand (same place I killed a hog yote back in December) call is going for maybe 10mins. My partner (cameraman on this stand) dustin, spots 2 out on a hill watching us. Hit the pup distress and he says they are on their way! All of a sudden he says there is a closer one coming hard! This coyote is chasing a rabbit! The rabbit comes right by me at 15 yards the dog veered right under the fence then came up the hill. 40 yard head shot and down he goes! Ask dustin if he got it. Forgot to ouch record! Doooh!!! Lol oh well. On the plus side this stand is a 100%'er!

3rd stand - hear one challenging us from over the hill. Won't come in (so we think) make a stalk over the hill and spook him at 200 yards, drop down and dustin gets on him. Thought he was further and shoots over his back. Miss.

4th stand. (Have called this stand twice before. Killed one, missed one) start of with howls and hear one answer behind us. I was watching out front cause we spooked one on the way in. Hear dustin say the one behind us is coming in after I turned on the pup distress. I turned around with the camera and got him coming in to 30 yards and dustin smokes her!

5th,6th,7th stands are dry lots of deer though!

8th stand- dustin is running the camera. Start off with some male and female howls. Get several response to my right. Go to pup distress, nothing. Go to rabbit distress and dustin sees one about 2 hills over heading to the left. Then I see another go through a low spot a little closer. Get shuffled around to get in postion. I then hear dustin say he is coming right down the gut towards us hard! I jus happen to look to my right and a yote comes over the hill charging the call about 25 yards away! It hits the foxpro with its nose then spooks then stops and starts coming back towards the call! I spin expecting it to run and it just looks at the call and starts for it again! I drop him at 15 yards with a chest shot! Dustin tells me the first one is still coming hard! Pops overt he hill stops at 120 yards. I ask if dustin is on him, he gives me the green hit and I light up a 40gr Berger and drop this female in her tracks! All on HD film!! You can really see how hard those 40gr Bergers hit!!!!

Called 2 more stands but nothing showed.

Here is a group shot. 1 is Dustin's.

Dustin and I are prostaff for Carbon Outdoors check the page on Facebook!

ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Re: Cold day in AB produces!

Post by ryutzy »

Awesome!
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
Clint E
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Clint E »

Nice job Kale i would like to see that footage.
That white stuff on the ground is something i havent seen here all year at all adds a little fun to the hunt.
Davis Goertzen
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Davis Goertzen »

Nice work! What calibers are the rifles (obviously, one's a 204)? I'm going to guess the stainless one is a Tikka and the blued one is a Remington SPS Varmint; am I close?
Kale
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 VTR

Post by Kale »

Mine is the tikka t3 varmint in .204

My buddies is the rem 700 sps varmint in .243