E-callers

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
VAshooter
.204 Ruger Guns: NEF Handi-rifle

E-callers

Post by VAshooter »

I'm wanting to get into fox and coyote hunting in my home stat of Virginia. We don't have alot of coyotes but have good amount of red and gray foxes. What would be a good entry level e- caller with remote and range of 100 to 200 yd. Thanks for your help.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: E-callers

Post by Rick in Oregon »

One word: FOXPRO

Easily makes your 200 yard criteria, programmable for local sounds in your area, excellent speaker and remote. Probably the best E-caller available at this point in time.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Song Dog
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10, 12, & 16

Post by Song Dog »

I second that.
PREDATOR DYNAMICS (facebook)
Foxpro Western Dealer Rep.
God's Country Camouflage-Fieldstaff
"A man with an experience has volumes more than a man with a theory"
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Johnny Stewart & Minaska also make excellent e-callers. You can't go wrong with any of the 3 mentioned so far.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Post by broper »

Check out the Ico-tech. It's only got 12 sounds but it's only $80.00! They're good sounds, supposed to be actual recorded animals. I think some of the more expensive ones get carried away with so many sounds. Probably most of them never get used. It has a three hundred yard range too. I''ve got one and I like it. Good cheap way to get into e-calling.

Bob
VAshooter

Post by VAshooter »

looked at the ICO-TEK callers and looked at the reviews I think Im going to give them a try Thanks
broper

Post by broper »

Check out timberbutteoutdoors. com. Thetysell the Ico-Tek and also make and sell a carrier/shoulder strap that lets you carry your e-caller hands free. They carry lots of other calls and varmint related gear. Gary Mathews is the owner and is a great guy and will do all he can to help with your purchase. He can be reached at 208-365-7393 if you have any questions or just want information, tell him Bob sent you!
Bob
VAshooter

Post by VAshooter »

Well I got the ECO_TECH spelled wrong for $89 to my door and first night out we had 2 coyotes come charging in we were not calling for 10 minutes when they came in good thing we had are shotguns they were moving fast. thanks for the help this is a great call
broper

Post by broper »

Alright, glad it worked out for you. They are are good call for the money. Good way to get into e-calling without spending a bunch of money.
varmit_master
.204 Ruger Guns: TC 204

Post by varmit_master »

Another one for FoxPro . I am using the shockwave love it. I have 340+ sounds on mine . But I started out with model 416 had 16 sounds. Look at the spitfire I think is the model comes with 32 sounds can hold more caller and remote 199.99 and the customer service and warranty ever. Mike D will treat person like he has knewed u his whole live after talking to him one time. Mike will go way out of his way to make thinks right. He as always treated right. When I don't think they can get any better FoxPro comes out with a new one. I started out with a Johny Stewart 512 ct caller. A good caller at its time. Go with fox pro.
GTOHunter
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by GTOHunter »

I have the FoxPro Shockwave also,great Caller with lots of good features,clear sound and lots of room for extra sounds!They have many other affordable models and stand behind what they sell!