Fighting BLM in Idaho

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Fighting BLM in Idaho

Post by broper »

Hi Everyone,
My name is Bob Roper, I'm a member of the Idaho Varmint Hunters club. I post on here from time to time but mostly I lurk. I would like to make everyone aware of a bad situation that's happening here in Idaho right now. We have recieved a letter from the BLM saying that beginning the first of next year, we have to purchase a permit to hold any coyote/varmint hunts. We have never held a hunt on any public land. They are always held at a private place. once the participants start hunting thay are allowed to hunt anywhere it's legal. We do not tell them where or where not to hunt. We do tell them if they hunt on private land to make sure they have the proper permission. There was a meeting held at Senator Crap's office in Boise last week. There were representaves from the other senators there, along with two representatives from our a club. There was also a woman representing the BLM but she didn't seem to know much and could not give many answers. Every one there stated their opposition to this and the senators said they were behind us on this and would do everything they could to stop it, including introducing legislation to take all government lands from their possesion and let Idaho manage it within their borders. We need to stop this NOW. if they get this on for predator hunting ,will big game and all hunting be next? YES it will! And if it happens in Idaho it will happen in every state where there is BLM lands. Then will the Forest Service be next? We need everyone to contact their state representavies and tell them you are opposed to this. And it wouldn't hurt to contact the Idaho representatives too. This land belongs to every citizen no matter which state you live in. Do you want to have to pay a fee to BLM to come here and hunt nonresident? Or any other state. Contact your BLM office too. Let's flood them with calls, letters, e-mails and let them know we will not stand for this. I know this is a long post but everyone needs to be made aware of this. Thanks for reading
Bob
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Fighting BLM in Idaho

Post by Bill K »

This I something we do need to watch and start taking steps to stop, for sure. Public land and rep's seem to be looking at more control and/or a way stop slow or stop hunting on said land. There is no need for a permit or fee, but if they can get it and gain more control of our land, the government sure will try. You are right, letters, emails and phone calls should be sent to BLM office's, beginning in Idaho. Bill K
Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Post by Bodei »

What are they saying requires you to need a permit? Are you profiting or offering prizes?
K = ½mv2
07yzryder
.204 Ruger Guns: AR 15

Post by 07yzryder »

Boy i know what you mean, but for us they are trying to straight up take the land.

As its stands BLM land grab in NV, & TX that i know of.
Banned yote hunting contests for prizes in CA
now making you get a permit in Idaho???

Just remember that BLM has this messed up method where they only have to take comments into consideration if they are "substantive" based on their "terms". Lets take our land back america...

http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/prog/planni ... mples.html
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Post by broper »

I don't think it matters if it's a contest or there is prizes. What matters is that it is public land. It does not belong to the BLM. If they get away with this, next thing they'll be coming up with some phony reason to make us get a permit to deer hunt on BLM. We are waiting to hear from our representatives. They're supposed to introduce some legislation this new year.