OR93 another good wolf

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

OR93 another good wolf

Post by Bill K »

Well now if a few hundred others in the state could just become as great as OR93, the wolf that has been roaming California and setting records for such, plus how many kills of our game animals and birds, and was found hit by a vehicle and killed, that would be really great news.
At least now we have one more good wolf, gone from the state. That will save a lot more game animals and birds, than the lead free bullet law will, but politicians and animal right lover can't see it. :D
K22
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber

Re: OR93 another good wolf

Post by K22 »

I'm surprised the Wolf didn't get arrested for some kind of State violation like crossing the hwy at a no crossing zone. eyeroll
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

You have a point there, except, if they know or knew who hit and killed him, this commie state, Gov Newsom and the CF&W dept. would go all out to attempt to arrest and proscecute the driver.
Tom Kat
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527, Ruger American Predator in Magpul Hunter stock

Post by Tom Kat »

My great grandparents generation cleansed Kansas of all wolves. I have done my part to work on their little cousins...
FB_IMG_1635784825873.jpg
FB_IMG_1635784825873.jpg (49.82 KiB) Viewed 3281 times
"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones."

John Maynard Keynes
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Read a very good report this morning. Seems like Oregon officials are trying to find the person or persons who poisoned one pack of wolves (something like 8 animals) in the Wallowa mountain area and three other wolves from a different pack.. I hope they never find the person/s. Too me just a few more good wolves taken out of the system that would have killed and ate a lot of good deer and elk in the area. :)
Tom Kat

Post by Tom Kat »

I have a friend in Cody, WY. He said once Yellowstone brought back the wolves his elk and moose hunting went to heck. The wolves dont know where the park boundary is...
"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones."

John Maynard Keynes
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Post by broper »

A dead wolf is a good wolf!
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Tom Kat wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:27 am I have a friend in Cody, WY. He said once Yellowstone brought back the wolves his elk and moose hunting went to heck. The wolves dont know where the park boundary is...
Sounds like Idaho. In the areas where the wolves were placed, there was a real good heard of Elk, now they are really down and the Moose were doing well, even had some tags/hunts for some. Now there are about zero moose left and they have stopped hunting them. And this is all due to the wolves eating them out of existence in those areas. And domestic and even pets are being taken down every day.
Tom Kat

Post by Tom Kat »

Bill K I think a wolf season would help....

When I was a kid in the 60's the state still paid bounty's on coyotes. My grandpa had a few hundred head of cattle. He always hated coyotes...

John Maynard Keynes
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

I believe some of the states are wising up and they do have a season and tags for them. But some like commie Kalifornia don't and want them protected, as endangered species ( even tho they released them into the state and/or allowed them to roam in from Or and NV.) :mad:
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

broper wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:30 pm A dead wolf is a good wolf!
I don't trust those things no more than I'd trust a politician; and, where's there is one, there are probably others near by.
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Post by broper »

Exactly! I live in Idaho and I know what they can do. I have seen six wolves but not where I could shoot. Three of them were on Simplot land where they raise cattle. I asked for permission to hunt them there and was told that if I was caught on their property I'd be prosecuted. I keep thinking maybe I'll see one when I'm calling coyotes but it hasn't happened yet. Smoke a pack a day!!!
Tom Kat

Post by Tom Kat »

broper wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:38 pm Exactly! I live in Idaho and I know what they can do. I have seen six wolves but not where I could shoot. Three of them were on Simplot land where they raise cattle. I asked for permission to hunt them there and was told that if I was caught on their property I'd be prosecuted. I keep thinking maybe I'll see one when I'm calling coyotes but it hasn't happened yet. Smoke a pack a day!!!
shoot, shovel, shut up

John Maynard Keynes