Rock chucks

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Rock chucks

Post by broper »

Hello,
I haven't been shooting as much this season and haven't been here for a while. I've had some health problems but doing ok now. I went out and shot a few chucks in May, think I got 9 and missed one that time. My buddy took the wrong gun so he just spotted for me. We went back yesterday to get some shooting in before it starts getting too hot. Might reach 100 here next week. Yesterday was a good day for shooting rock chucks, no wind at all, overcast and in the mid 70's. My buddy brought the right gun this time. We found a good spot and just spent the day in that one place. I was shooting my Ruger # 1, 218 Bee, AKA "Deadly Do Right
", 40 gr. V Max's. I got 7 for the day and missed one. I don't know how I did that it was a perfect 200 yd. shot and I was dead on him. Brent was shooting a Mini Howa, .223. He got 8 for the day and missed one. I didn't get any pictures, they're up in rough, rocky areas where my 73 yr. old arthritic body can't go anymore. It was a very enjoyable day and good to get out after them again.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Rock chucks

Post by Bill K »

Sounds good. Remember the old saying " if you don't miss once in awhile, you are not hunting". We all miss here and there, for various reasons.

Hope all keeps getting better with your health, not fun dealing with issues like that, that pop up on us.

I don't climb those rimrocks on a lot of the chucks I shoot in them either. Just to old to take the chance of falling and getting hurt and no one around to carry or drag my old body out. I do like to take a photo and see them, from others, but know it is not always possible.

Take care, stay safe and have a good year. Bill K :D
jpx2rk
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12FV, R783/20P combo

Post by jpx2rk »

Glad you got out and had a good day pestering the chucks. Hope you continue to feel good and can go when possible.
Master Piddler ;)
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Post by broper »

Thank you.