Since we are talking interperemeter Weapons

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Since we are talking interperemeter Weapons

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Has anybody shot the Mach II pistol or rifles yet? You know the little 17 cal short.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

I have. Steve Hanson, author of "Varmint Hunters Odyssey" brought an Anschutz on one of our yearly Rat Safaris when they first came out. Very accurate, but about worthless on our sage rats out past 80 or 90 yards.

Personally, I had been considering one, but after seeing the performance in the field, decided to put my money elsewhere, as even my 22LR's give performance a bit better than that, and if you add in the 17HMR or the 22WMR, it's a no-brainer. Just my .02
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

I have to agree with Rick. A quality .22 lr and a good scope will take you to the beginning of centerfire ranges. The beauty of the .22 lr. is the low cost of ammo and the ease of maintenance. Many match shooters rarely if ever clean their barrels. With the endless rise in ammo and component costs it just makes good sense. Of course, you can not put a monetary value on the launch factor of centerfire.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Thanks for the info

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Thanks for the input guys. I was thinking of getting a pistol in the Mach II but maybe I will spend my money else where.