Singer killed by coyotes

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Snoplop
.204 Ruger Guns: Pantherâ„¢ LR-204 & BROWNING, A-Bolt II 204 Ruger

Singer killed by coyotes

Post by Snoplop »

Looks like this area needs to be thinned out and coyotes takin down a peg. Anyone have more information about this?
I've seen some big coyotes figured to be crossbred that ran my 2 black labs out of the woods and equaled in size. Anything that size would be a handful. Have seen what they can do to a herd of sheep. That said can't say I would be as "passionate" about "their space" as this persons mother. Maybe I'm getting crotchety, or don't take kindly to being bit. Or maybe the whole thing just aggravates me.

Canadian folk singer killed by coyotes, park official says October 29, 2009 9:15 p.m. EDT

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/1 ... index.html
"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

People who love sausage and people who believe in justice should never watch either of them being made. ~Otto Bismarck
rpknaz
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger KM77VT MKII with Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40

Re: Singer killed by coyotes

Post by rpknaz »

Truly a horrible story. God bless her, her family and friend in their time of grief.
Peace and love will get you killed. Unarmed helplessness is a welcome mat for evil. Self-defense is the most powerful, driving instinct in good people everywhere. To deny it is evil personified. Ted Nugent.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

I wonder if it was wolves that killed her. I heard she was in Nova Scotia. I read about people being bit by coyote but never any one killed. Now wolves are a different story.
surfclod
.204 Ruger Guns: None

Post by surfclod »

I wonder if it was wolves that killed her. I heard she was in Nova Scotia. I read about people being bit by coyote but never any one killed. Now wolves are a different story.
I am pretty sure that it was coyotes that killed her however the coyotes in the maritime provinces are on average larger in physical size and act more like wolves than their western counterparts. Some theorize that this is because the eastern coyote is filling the place that wolves once did prior to European settlement, and/or the wolf DNA found in most eastern coyotes from past cross breeding. They are more likely to hunt in packs (and other general wolf traits) than our western song dogs will.

However I think the real lesson is that "wild animals" should never be feed as they will associate humans with easy food not any type of danger. To many people think that it is "fun" to watch the wild animals eat and it doesn't sink in until a tragedy like this occurs.

Thoughts are with her family at this time.
Snoplop
.204 Ruger Guns: Pantherâ„¢ LR-204 & BROWNING, A-Bolt II 204 Ruger

Post by Snoplop »

Interesting point. Wish more information was available without the morbid details. Happened across Varmint Al's site http://varmintal.com/attac.htm , Coyote Attacks. Never gave it much thought before seeing the long list they have put together. Still believe hunting pressure is a good way to keep the population in check and them more respectful of humans. Most of the time..
"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

People who love sausage and people who believe in justice should never watch either of them being made. ~Otto Bismarck
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

I read all the articals I could on the death and it sounds like they got it right. Death by coyote. The natural world has hazards. Being armed can help deal with those hazards.