#17, #18 and #19 in Alberta

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Kale_M
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 VTR

#17, #18 and #19 in Alberta

Post by Kale_M »

Headed out to my buddys place about an hour west of Edmonton as I had the weekend off from my course in the city.

Saturday we tried calling just in side the bush on a small trail. Nothign there. Packed up to move and when we looked out on the lake there were 4 on the other side of the lake moving to the north. Set up quick to try and coax one over but they would only sit and look. As I was watchign them I looked to my right and I had one comming in along the shore line on the ice. Had to turn 90 degrees to shoot. WHen I did he saw me and I mad a quick shot as he turned to leave. Missed..

Went across the road and set up in a small bay in the cattails. Called for about 15 mins with the foxpro and we were just about to pack up when I spotted one come out of the cattails at the end of the bay. Switched the call to the squeaks and he came in to about 120 yards and the 35gr berger dropped him on the ice!

Called all afternoon In what looked like prime coyote country with no takers.

Went to a landowners palce that had just lost her dog to yotes about 2 days ago to see if we could thin them out a bit.

Second stand I was on the hand call for about 1 min when my partner spots one abtou 600 yards comming hard. Just then the wind switched. He hung up about 500 yards. Turned on the pup in distress call on the foxpro to see if it would bring him in but he just sat and watched. Just then my parter says "Hard left!" I look over and I have one charging right at the call/ A quick "woof" stops him and 70 yard shot has #2 for the day down!

Today we got out and tried a new area. Called in 3 spots with no luck. On the walk back to the truck we came back to the first spot we tried and there was one out on the ice by the beaver pond. Qucikly set on on a small bush pile. Hit the foxpro and he came out of the grass about 80 yards below us. I made a bad shot and hit him low in the leg (yote fever) and he poped out again on the edge of the trees and I hit him again to put him down.
After that it started to get to windy then the rain came. Hopefully the cold weather and snow comes soon!

DoubleUp
.204 Ruger Guns: 204 Ruger

Re: #17, #18 and #19 in Alberta

Post by DoubleUp »

Very nicely done and great pics. We love pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

Great Job!!! Those are some nice looking coyotes you have up there in Alberta. What is that white stuff on the ground???

Thanks for the photos and the story.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
GTOHunter
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by GTOHunter »

Great looking Coyote's with some really nice thick coats..."Congratulations" on some great shooting! 8) ;)
Last edited by GTOHunter on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Song Dog
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10, 12, & 16

Post by Song Dog »

Awesome pics!
PREDATOR DYNAMICS (facebook)
Foxpro Western Dealer Rep.
God's Country Camouflage-Fieldstaff
"A man with an experience has volumes more than a man with a theory"
Dennis81082
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700

Post by Dennis81082 »

I'm always impressed with those big, pretty Canadian coyotes.

Good job.