Rick in Oregon

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Re: Rick in Oregon

Post by Ray P »

Rick......Thanks again to you!!! " What a great botherhood we have here".
Glade to see you got hold of a computer.
Please get well soon. God Speed my friend.
PM if we can help with anything!
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
Varmint Laser
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Model 21 Montana Varminter .204 Ruger (Laser)

Post by Varmint Laser »

Well after nearly a week I have finally been granted permission to join up with you guys, can't think of a better place for a first post. I have been visiting this site for months now and have been trading e's with Rick in Oregon for a few weeks about this and that.

Rick,
I sort of wondered why you did not respond to my last e, pretty good excuse..but you need to get better and get back home now! Get outside and breath some "real" air and not that canned crap they have in a hospital!

Scott, in Tacoma.
Cooper Model 21 Montana Varminter in 204 Ruger (Laser)
jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

Hey Rick Good to hear from you.

How do Oregonian hospitals feel about fellas doin a little shootin from the windows?
Your Raptor Feeding Society friends could probably tether some targets out for you. ;)

Get well soon-Joe

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Rick, glad to see that you are on the mend. :eew: I hope that you get better soon and can go home, where you can relax and keep up on the computer fun. Maybe you can graduate to jello, if you treat the nurses good that is. You gave us a scare, will your near death incident make you feel remorse for skippy hunting? :lol:
Please, no Sidewinder today!
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

It's darn good to see you up and getting around some Rick. Sure looking forward to see back here when your feeling better.
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

Glad you are back inside the wire Rick.
Big_Bullseye
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1 Varmint Stainless - Custom Noveske AR15 .204

Post by Big_Bullseye »

Rick, Sorry to hear that they got you down and have been working on you. Glad to hear that you are coming around though. When I first read the first post about three surgeries my heart sunk as I know I don't know you other than a few posts but I also went down hard in February and almost bought the farm and had to have emergency surgery to save my life. And I just had the second of three scheduled surgeries just 4 weeks ago. My next one is 4 weeks from now and then hopefully I am done and healed.

I sure hope you don't have what I have my friend, I will pray for your speedy recovery and look forward to the time when we can meet on the rat killin fields and celebrate both of our successful recoveries.

Godspeed my friend.
Doveryai no Proveryai
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

Rick,

It's nice to see you are up and about! Keep getting better bud.

Kevin
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Good News! I just talked to Rick and he is being sprung from the hospital. Now let's hope he behaves and recovers soon! :wtg: Gary
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

WOOHOO!! :balloons:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Keith in Ga

Post by Keith in Ga »

That's great news. Rick, take it easy and you'll be back out in the fields in no time. Remember, while you're resting, Skippy is multiplying! Take care...Keith
ImageImage
Cujo
.204 Ruger Guns: LRPV w/ Schmidt & Bender 5-25

Post by Cujo »

Rick:

Get well soon, bud! You're a wealth of knowledge and a great contribution to the board. . .Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I'll talk to you soon.

Cujo
willyp19
.204 Ruger Guns: REM 700 Custom Predator / Varmint, REM 700 VS

Post by willyp19 »

Thanks for the update...Keep us posted!
hozz57

Post by hozz57 »

Rick,
Good to hear that you're on the mend!! :D

I have'nt been on-line lately because one of my kids has been in the hospital for 5 WEEKS. I think I better make time to check in more often. :oops:

Keep your spirits high and your trigger finger loose. The 204um isn't the same without you!!
The more I learn, the more I see how much I have to learn!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

My small caliber rifle brothers: Thanks to you all for all the attention...I'm not used to it. All your kind posts and prayers must be working, as I'm home again, full of stiches and slowly navagating the house from the Lazy-Boy recliner in my jammies. I'm giving my DVD collection a workout, I'll tell ya.

I'm not supposed to pick up more than ten pounds, so I can't even open the safe and fondle any varmint rifles! Rats! Good thing there's a few pistols to keep me company in the meantime so I can keep the scent of gun oil in the air.

Skippy and his pals are safe for the rest of the year.....at least from me (and NO guilt at all for the Skippy's sent to the Great Alfalfa Patch in the Sky either, but I wondered if they'd all be waiting for me if I 'went their way' ;) ). Maybe they'll breed more for more targets next year....naawww, Captqc and the boys are headed out to foil that plan this weekend. I'll really miss you guys headed out to the Rat Rodeo.....send photos of the fun.

A sincere thanks to you all for the kind thoughts and words. If wifey had not delivered me to the ER when she did, they'd be a vacancy on the board I'm told. Just goes to show us all how fragile life really is. Now it's time to heal up this old carcas and be ready for next year. You guys in the east keep us posted on the 204 and the hogs this summer. I'll check back from time to time here, as it feels like a 2nd home of sorts here with all you guys.

Have a great summer.....I'll be thinking about you too. You guys are the greatest! ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails