ladder testing in load development

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
truckerwalt
.204 Ruger Guns: RUGER MK II/SAVAGE MOD. 12

ladder testing in load development

Post by truckerwalt »

in reading these posts which as a new member using this web site i am amazed at the amount of info avail. here. i have never heard of the expression "ladder testing in load development. i haven't shot much for many years and have gotten back into it the last couple of years and am amazed at how much i enjoy it again. i have a couple of .204's and a rem. 700 sps varmint which is the best shooter and a breeze to find loads for but i am having a little trouble getting a consistent load for my .204. my latest purchase is a mod 12 savage bvss with a monarch 5.5x16.5x42 with a laminated stock. it is really a beautiful gun. it is used very little judging from the condition. i felt a good buy @ $669 w/bipod and carry case. i haven't gotten a chance to shoot it much but have bought 8# of cfe 223 hodgdon powder and hope i can come up with a good load. i also have several other powders i will try if i can't make the cfe 223 work for me. maybe someone can refer me to a website to learn more about ladder testing in load development. in God we trust and in obama we surely don't.
HoundofSC
.204 Ruger Guns: Stevens based custom

Re: ladder testing in load development

Post by HoundofSC »

bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Re: ladder testing in load development

Post by bow shot »

Never saw that one on 6mmBR.com, Houd'. Great articles!!