Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Tell us about yourself...

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Welcome to the 204um Gary, even if you are one of those "Savage Guys"! :lol:

Just kidding, good to have you aboard, you'll fit in here just dandy. Let us know what that new 204 thrives on, as we can never have too much info about good shootin' loads.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

Gary,
Welcome! We can always use another Savage guy to help educate the rest of our brothers. You are gonna love the 204!
WaltherP99
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Post by WaltherP99 »

Thanx guys! What can I say about being a Savage guy. :)

This is the third one for me and I plan on owning one or two more. I HAD a 110 in .270 and now I have a 93R17 and the 12 VLP. Next on the list.....Model 10 FP! :) Have quite the addiction with heavy barrels as of late.

Again, thanx for the welcome and I will do my best to help out and contribute to this great forum!
jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

Welcome Gary

After the 10FP the next thing you'll need is a barrel wrench. Then the fun begins ;) 8)

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
WaltherP99
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Post by WaltherP99 »

jo191145 wrote:Welcome Gary

After the 10FP the next thing you'll need is a barrel wrench. Then the fun begins ;) 8)
:) Tell ya what.....the 10FP thing may happen a little sooner rather than later if the job keeps working me the way they are. Scheduled to go to NY for 8 days.....$$$$$$$$$$ WOO HOO!
AZ Bullet
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527varmint & 600 remington now chambered in 204

Post by AZ Bullet »

Hello all My name is Patrick. I am a native of Arizona. Have been getting alot of info on 204 Rugers from this sight. I have two rifles in 204. One is a CZ 527 varmint other is a 600 remington rebarreled in 204. After shooting one you have too two. I reload for both rifles. I will try to give out the best info I can. This is the first sight I have ever wanted to join.
race4hills

Post by race4hills »

Welcome to the 204um AZ Bullet!!! Best place on the whole wide net to talk about 204's. :D
204 try it you'll like it!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

AZ Bullet: Welcome aboard! As you already have two 204's, you're already infected with the fever, so will fit right in here. ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Welcome to the forum AZ! Two .204's? :eek: I think you'll do just fine around here! :lol: Gary
Cadeuses
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington Model Seven Predator

Post by Cadeuses »

Hi all. Well I guess it's about time I introduced myself, seeing as I have ten-or-so posts already... (most with pics!). I am a member of the Canadian Forces currently serving as a Primary Care Nurse in Wainwright Alberta . My jobs have included general duty nursing, air evac flight nursing, operating room, ward supervisor and clinic health care coordinator.

I started my service in 1974... and now with all those years served, I'm near my retirement. There has been many deployments both domestic and overseas. I look forward to spending many a day in the near future persuing this passion for varmint hunting fulltime. Cheers.
Cadeuses

Remington Model Seven Predator in .204 Ruger

Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

Welcome aboard Cadeuses. Good to see another fellow Albertan here.
Savage Vaporizer
Clover_Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR100

Post by Clover_Shooter »

Hello all, from West Virginia here! Great site. Bought a Remington XR-100 last year from a coworker after reading all positive replies on this site. I bought it as a family gun. It has exceeded all expectations even at longer ranges. I have not shot this gun less than 300 yards and we have won some local informal shooting matches at 300,400 and 600 yards.
I really envy all from out west that can shot several (some times hundreds) varmints a day, which would be a dream hunt for me! These pictures are a real joy to look at!
roundman67
.204 Ruger Guns: T.C. Encore Pro Hunter stainless 28" fluted barrel .204

Post by roundman67 »

Hello all,
I am from far south east Kansas, the only varmints here are coyotes and the odd ground hog.
I was bitten by the 204 bug hard this last week, and after reading about it here and other places I sold a savage 110fp in 223 so i could buy a T/C pro hunter stainless in 204 wit 28" fluted barrel.
After just one afternoon of shooting I am quite sure I made the right choice. :lol:
I mounted a Nikon 3-9 x 50 stainless scope on it which seems almost perfect for it.

Cant wait to start reloading for it
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Welcome to the madness fellas!! :lol:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
SpentPrimer
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12FV

Post by SpentPrimer »

I am 62 years old, started reloading with a Lee Loader (red and black box) back in early 60s' for a 30-40 Krag, and now reload for about 15 calibers. Went to RCSB in mid 60's and have found no reason to change.
Backed into a 204 Ruger on a trade and will see what happens. Live in West Texas and am the grounds keeper for a small town's consolidated school (Head Start thru 12th in one large building). Also drive school bus when school is in session.
Married 39 years to a very understanding wife who has her own rifle and pistol. Have one son who went astray and is an old car lover (has 66 Cougar convertable he and wife restored) who can take firearms or leave them.
Currently my two favorite rifles are a Marlin 336BC in 38-55 (approximately 3,000 rounds on the barrel log, all lead bullets) and a Savage Model 16 in 22-250 with approximately 750 rounds on the barrel log. Both bought new, the Ruger 204 I have is a NEF handi Rifle with a BSA 4X-16X scope with mil dot and has been fired 100 times (I got empty brass in the trade and have dies and bullets on order as I type).
Enjoy shooting and reloading but lost my taste for hunting while serving in Vietnam from 1966-1969 and now do most of my hunting with a camera. Served 31 years plus in the military and for the last 12 years prior to my retirement, was an operations sergeant for a special operations battalion. Old age moves you from being a field operative to the planning and praying department LOL.
Hope I can add something constructive to this site, but think it will be far more of a learning experience. Best of luck to everyone and happy shooting to all.