Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: Tell us about yourself...

Post by Captqc »

Hi Mark,
Welcome to the forum!
As far as your Ruger goes shoot a PM to "Rick in Oregon" as I'm sure he will have some insight for you.
Gary
misterka
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Mark II .204

Post by misterka »

Hello all.

Been a lurker for a while. Finally joined after the Fiancee surprised me with a Ruger .204 for Christmas. Now I'm ready to get out there and knock some coyotes out at range to prepare for whatever the summer might bring.

Just picked up a 5x15 40mm Bushnell 3200 scope for it.
Time to find some bullets and get started.

I live in Missouri and have some land that is sharecropped. Next door to my land is where the inlaws live, and I like to shoot the turtles in their pond that keep going after the ducks. Now that I have more range in the .204 I'm going to expand to all the varmints out there.
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

Welcome aboard. That 204 will definitely make some long distance "turtle soup". :twisted:
Savage Vaporizer
misterka
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Mark II .204

Post by misterka »

Gube wrote:Welcome aboard. That 204 will definitely make some long distance "turtle soup". :twisted:
Thanks, I'm glad to be here

I'm sure it will make for some nice long distance turtle soup. I know the .204 is a good choice from reading so much about it. It was either that or get a 22-250 like some friends. The 22LR just wasn't cutting it.
hagfan72
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by hagfan72 »

My name is Eric, and I have been a member for about a year, but due to an extreemly busy year (one in which my dream has come true, and now am in Montana) I am posting again. I still have not got a .204 yet, but that should happen any time now.

Now I gotta get out there and smoke some of these big Montana coyotes!
Jet noise: The sound of freedom.

varminthuntersnorthwest.com
BillC
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Post by BillC »

Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for letting me join the forum.

I have recently purchased a CZ 527 Varmint in .204 Ruger. I have also begun the expensive process of gathering up all the reloading accoutrements, glass, and cleaning accessories to run this machine.

I live in western Washington, ride motorcycles (ZRX 1200R) and scuba dive for entertainment. My job takes me out of the country upon occasion, but when possible, I shoot a few 1911s in .45 ACP and have been reloading and shooting for many years. This is only my third varmint gun. The other two were chambered in 25-06 and 220 Swift (11 years back, they were traded to former wife for my freedom, along with everything else I owned. Best trade I ever made).

By the way, the little CZ had an incredibly filthy bore when new. It took over an hour to get it clean. The set trigger is NICE!

Bill C.
Wiiings12
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Stainless

Post by Wiiings12 »

Hey everybody, I'm Graham. I am 15, and I live in northeastern Ohio. Bought my first rifle last spring, (Rem 700 SPS in .204) and decided I'd join this forum so I could ask questions and advice from all you guys! I play hockey and like to hunt groundhogs... yup.. that's about it. :D
Assault is a behavior, not a device.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Welcome to the Forums Bill & Graham!! :mrgreen:

About the only rules you're gonna see here is the one that says pictures are a requirement. :lol:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
duker33
.204 Ruger Guns: 2- savage 12 bull brl 204 ruger 26" left hand

Post by duker33 »

Hello My name is DuWayne i live in Dilworth MN i am a father of 2 boys ages 14 and 16 who live to hunt as much as i do i have a girlfriend that also loves to hunt we just got to work on her patience i have bought a Savage 12 for my son and liked it so much i bought another for myself just got to love the groups you can get i have a decent load worked up so cant wait to get out and try it on some fur DuWayne
uplander
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa 1500
Location: Gretna Nebraska....way too close to Omaha but will do for now

Post by uplander »

Hello,
My name is Justin. I live in Nebraska. I do a lot of upland game hunting, judge/run on the NBDCA dog circuit, and chase whitetails around. I just got a Howa .204 for Christmas. My grandfather is a gunsmith and he put it together for me. Just dropped a timney trigger in it and still looking at scope options. I am happy to say that I haven't got much hunting done this year do to the birth of a new baby girl:) She has already figured out her two favorite stores....Cabelas and Lowes. Take care all and look forward to learning from all of you.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Welcome to the 204um Justin! Also congratulations on that new baby girl; it appears she's got good taste in "guy stores" too. ;) You're fortunate to have a granddad that's a gunsmith....we should all be so fortunate.

Lots of good guys here with much info and knowledge to share related to the 204R and varmint rifles in general. You'll fit right in. Ask away if we can help spend any of your money.....lots of purchasing mentors here eager to help out. You'll be smacking prairie dogs in no time with that new Howa, as there's quite a few guys shooting Howa 204's here, and some of them are real tack drivers.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Hando1978

Post by Hando1978 »

G'Day,

Name is Geoff, and I live in Queensland, Australia. I have been a member of the forum for a long time, but not sure if I ever posted in this section.

I have the Ruger VT in 204, and love it. Don't get to shoot it as much as I would like to, and sure do wish that we had prairie dogs over here to hunt. The rabbit virus has gone through again recently, so things are pretty scarce.

I browse a lot on here, and wish that I had access to one of the BR Pivot benches that Rick built, would love one. And I also just placed an order for a Protektor rear bag based on some pictures I saw on the forums.

Anyway, just wanted to say G'day.

Cheers,

Geoff
Rustyaxecamp
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Post by Rustyaxecamp »

Hi guys.

My name is Erik, I live in Midland, Michigan. Finally decided at 31 it was time to fill the void in my arsenal between 22 WMR and 25-06. I picked up a CZ 527 American in 204 and have a Mueller scope on the way.

I enjoy hunting, fishing, trapping and spending time with my family.

Looking forward to getting and sharing a lot of good info and opinions on the site!
Erik

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." T. Roosevelt
Rosco P
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Post by Rosco P »

Hello people.

Checking in from central NC where the coyotes are now a problem. So much of a problem that I had to purchase my first 204 recently when they were spotted on my hunting land. The lady of the house, who is sick of my gun hobby, was convinced that my other rifles were no good for coyote and I HAD to have the 204... Yeah thats it.

I think mainly I just HAD to have the 204....

My baby...

Thats a crappy 10x Simmons but I have a little something special on the way this week. I plan to destroy many a fuzzball over the coming year.
darchell
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 Varmint VLP

Post by darchell »

I am from NJ and have been involved in shooting and hunting since I was a child. I am a firearms instructor and armorer where I work. I am new to the .204 but look forward to getting to know it better :lol: Being form NJ I have little space to hunt varmints however, this year I have been invited to several farms. Ground Hogs are a real problem for farmers here and I would imagine most places. Gonna try my luck at thinnin them out... :D I have a descent amount of knowledge in firearms and hunting and am always glad to help. That being said I am more apt to listen and learn then speak. Glad to be here.