Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
giterdone
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV-Savage 12VLP-T/C Encore SS all in .204 Ruger

Re: Tell us about yourself...

Post by giterdone »

Hello;
My name is George I live in Illinois and I started reloading when I was 22 and im 71 now. So I have a little experience. I also have a black powder cartridge web site http://www.longrangebpcr.com (my friend Darryl is co-author) to help other BPCR shooters get started. I got started into varmint rifles in 1971 when I built a .234 Rockchucker (yes .234) on a FN Mauser single shot benchrest action, Canjar trigger, 28" Wm. Houghbaugh (Phillipsburg Montana) barrel, 1/8" Walnut laminated thumbhole stock and a Unertyl Ultra-Varmint scope. Had to have Frank Hempsted swage my .234 bullets back then. I enjoy varmint and big-game hunting and enjoy this forum very much, im never too old to learn new things.
John Moses Browning made the west safe for Winchesters
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

Welcome aboard George. Sounds like you have a vast wealth of knowledge. I'm sure you're gonna fit right in. Oh and by the way, the guys on here love to see pics.
Savage Vaporizer
akrusk22
.204 Ruger Guns: Own a hawkeye all-weather .204

Post by akrusk22 »

Name is Andy, 19 years old--in college and run track for the university. Started hunting and fishing with my Grandpa when I was pretty young. Lived in Clare Michigan all my life (small town with the slogan "Gateway to the North").Own a Ruger Hawkeye all-weather .204 with a Bushnell Banner 6-18x50 (not a Leupold but it gets the job done). Recently became interested in predator hunting and hunt coyote on my Grandpa's property every chance I get. I enjoy looking at Ballistic charts and reading hunting articles from time to time.

Referred to this site by Glen on the FoxPro forums. Glad to have insightful company, seems like there are some smart and experienced enthusiasts on this board.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Welcome to the Forums Andy!! Glad to have you here. :wink:

You'll have to deal with two Glen(n)'s over here now!! :lol:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
heitmann13
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Encore Pro Hunter .204

Post by heitmann13 »

Hello all, my name is Travis and I'm currently located in NE South Dakota, plan on moving to Gillette WY in July. I'm 26 years old and I just got into reloading. I own a T/C encore Pro Hunter in 204, really enjoy shooting this round. look forward to slinging some bs with everyone on this site.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Travis,
Welcome to the forum! You'll find lots of good information here from a great bunch of guys (and maybe a little BS too! :eek: ) Don't forget we love to see pictures around here.
Gary
matt 270WSM
.204 Ruger Guns: cz 527

Post by matt 270WSM »

Hey my name is Matt I have a 204 in cz 525 wearing a ziess conquest 4.5-18.This site looks awosm!I am from alberta,I love to shoot gophers and coyots!! :camper:
204 is the way to go!!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Welcome Matt.....welcome to another Canuk (I'm one too). You'll fit right in here with this crowd. As the good Captian said above, we love pictures here, so drag out your digital camera next time you head out and show us your adventures. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

otter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger KM77VT MKII

Post by otter »

My name is Nick and I'm a "shoot-aholic". Just got a Ruger KM77VT MKII in .204 Ruger. My shooting has been a constant evolution from high-tech back to "primitive" and back to the present. I have been shooting BPCR and traditional muzzleloaders for the past 25 years and have been dabbling in rifles with scopes on them for the past 4 or 5 years. We moved here from N.E. Nebraska about 7 years ago. Had lots of locations up there to shoot at ranges out to 1400 yards, but not so in Arkansas. I still go back to Nebraska to hunt the family farm for white tails every fall. Maybe I'll head farther west to try some PDs or stay on the farm and see if I can't entice some prairie wolves into range.

The .204 has intrigued me since it's introduction. I found some brass about 6 months ago, some v-max bullets 2 months later and finally found some SR primers 2 weeks ago. Then I went looking for a rifle. I'm still waiting for my scope to arrive and then it's to the range we go. I started reloading my own when I started shooting BPCR because it is very difficult (and expensive) to buy factory black powder loads for a 45-70. I cast my own projectiles for all of my BP rifles and pistols. When I got back into CF nitro cartridges, I didn't even consider shooting factory ammo. Hope to learn much from the informed folks here and I might even be able to contribute a bit now and then.

Long winded intro, but it is what it is. I feel fortunate to have stumbled onto this site. Thanks for creating it . . .
I hope I can someday be the person my dogs think I am . . .
NRA Endowment member . . .
The only government I trust is my 45-70 Gov't . . .
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

otter: Welcome aboard buddy! You'll love the 204....it's become my favorite varmint caliber. I'm sending you a PM, as I've got a very dear rifle-shootin' buddy right there in Rogers. Be prepared, he's a real character, but a real lover of rifles and varmint shooting.

Remember, we love pictures here! :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

.204 Ruger Guns: CZ

Post by 161 »

My name is Warren live in eastern Iowa. Before I type much more. Where is the spell check on this thing??? :D :D
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

Hi Warren & Welcome. I don't believe there is a spell checker here but you can copy and paste into a Word document, correct and mis-spellings and repaste.

HTH,

Jim
assailant
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 25 .204Ruger

Post by assailant »

my name is rob, im 25 and am from the midwest coast of western australia 8)

well i finally got my high powered rifle licence through today, so i finally picked up my new savage model 25 :D

ive been reading here for the last 6 weeks since i decided to go the way of the .204 and put my rifle on layby, registered today to celebrate becoming apart of the 204 family.

i dont know anyone with a .204, so im taking in as much information as i can from such resources as this forum.
cant wait to get this thing out in the bush and see how it goes with the roos and goats :o
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Ga'day Mate! (Boy I hope I did that right! :chin: ) Anyway welcome to the forum! You will love the .204 as they shoot flat and fast! Don't forget to post pictures of your adventures, we would love to see your country. Gary
assailant
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 25 .204Ruger

Post by assailant »

Captqc wrote:Ga'day Mate! (Boy I hope I did that right! :chin: )
great effort Gary :D (we generally spell it simply "G'day" but i could hear your accent was spot on)

im eager to start letting a few rounds off with the new rig, just need to choose a scope and ill be into it. im thinking something in the 2.5-10x by 44mm sized scope, anyone recommend a particular brand or model they find works well with the .204?
ill be mainly shooting roos, goats and foxes.

until i can take the 204 out and bring some pics back, here are some from a couple of months back with my 17hmr: