Morning in the Office

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Morning in the Office

Post by Rick in Oregon »

With spring a ways off, the chill of fall in the air and shorter days, I was recalling the configuration of my morning office during early spring compared to today.

Although a chilly early spring morning, THIS is the way I like my morning office time.....at the edge of a squirrel-infested alfalfa field, crop not up yet so Skippy and his pals stand out like a turd in a punch bowl. ;)

Personally, I feel ALL spring mornings should start like this (accurate 204 w/lots of ammo, good bench, good weather, good friends):

If I recall correctly, my Sako 204R M75 Varmint really kicked some rodent butt that day, sending just over 300 32gr and 39 Blitz Kings pushed by RL-10X downrange for Skippy's flying lessons. It was a very good day, and Skippy graduated "at the top of his class". :lol:

Seems our rancher buddy has a very real jackrabbit problem right now. He sees literally hundreds of them under the ranch lights at night, just chowing down on his alfalfa. Sooooo, next week, my crew and I are headed to the ranch with our 10-22's and a case of WW Power Point 40gr HP's to reduce the bunny problem. Gotta do our share, right? :wink:

Just because it was mentioned elsewhere here, here's a shot of our rancher friends fresh off the rack factory 10-22 from Wally World two weeks ago that I just finished up yesterday. It wears a 16" Magnum Research graphite/SS barrel, Bell & Carlson synthetic thumbhole stock with all internal parts such as trigger, sear, hammer, bolt stop, mag resease, firing pin etc, all replaced with either Volquartsen or Power Custom components; trigger pull now is a sweet 2.5 lbs with no creep or overtravel....perfect. The scope is a new Leupold VX-2 3-9X EFR in Lupy Low rings and STD steel mount.

We'll see how it shoots for him:

How long till spring? :(
Last edited by Rick in Oregon on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Morning in the Office

Post by Bill K »

Too long Rick, but during the winter months, for me anyway, I go out and walk the sage and jump shoot jackrabbits. Plenty to shoot and good practice, no matter. Enjoyed your photo's and setup. Bill K
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

I see you have some Fall color behind the 10-22! Starting to look the same here as well.
Pmoper
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

Post by Pmoper »

But Sir; You forgot your coffee......LOL
hemiallen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 204r, 20vt one Sako-one Cooper, 17FB 17HH, 17JAVALENA

Post by hemiallen »

If you don't mind more Springtime shooting pictures

My son, his 223/ PSS stocked SPS That I bedded, Jewell set at 12 oz for him , inexpensive 6-18 Banner that shoots 50 gn V-max into the .3's ( when I drive, lol) and a nice Alturas ranch.

Myself and my handgun squeek

Allen
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

Best lookin' office I've ever seen!
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Where do I send my resume? After reviewing the description, I feel extremely qualified for the job. I'm a very hard worker and I promise to spend countless hours in the office, working. :mrgreen:
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Sorry Mike, the job is MINE! And boy oh boy I can't wait to go bunny busting!!! Captqc
Mike

Post by Mike »

Captqc wrote:Sorry Mike, the job is MINE! And boy oh boy I can't wait to go bunny busting!!! Captqc
Sure is tough to get a job in this economy. :mad: :mad:
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Sorry Mike! Perhaps you could get out this way someday. Captqc
Mike

Post by Mike »

Captqc wrote:Sorry Mike! Perhaps you could get out this way someday. Captqc
That is very high on my priority list, Captqc.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Pmoper wrote:But Sir; You forgot your coffee......LOL
Not really.....I just keep my coffee cup AWAY from my rifle and optics. In the excitement of a rat attack, a clutz like me is apt to spill it all over something that does not react well with coffee......like most of the stuff on my bench. :wink:
Bill K wrote:Too long Rick, but during the winter months, for me anyway, I go out and walk the sage and jump shoot jackrabbits.
Same here Bill.....headed to the ranch for a few days to thin out those alfalfa-munching bunnies with my 22 K-Hornet and 10-22's. A guy has got to do sumthin' when the rats are asleep.
hemiallen wrote:If you don't mind more Springtime shooting pictures
"Mind"? Heck no, we don't mind, in fact, we encourage it! Looks to be a very good time indeed. Good to see your son along joining in on the fun. Nuthin' like a nice morning in the rat patch to put a smile on a guys face. :D
Jim White wrote:Best lookin' office I've ever seen!
And the best part Jim, is that there's NO phone, computer, or anyone telling me what to do! The air sure is fresh too.....no stale air in THIS office! ;)
Mike wrote:Where do I send my resume? After reviewing the description, I feel extremely qualified for the job. I'm a very hard worker and I promise to spend countless hours in the office, working. :mrgreen:
Okay Mike, first question for the interview.......How good are you at loading 10-22 and 1911 .45 magazines? :chin: Oregon is not hard to find, just get in your truck and point it west, stop when you get to the water. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Mike

Post by Mike »

Rick in Oregon wrote:Okay Mike, first question for the interview.......How good are you at loading 10-22 and 1911 .45 magazines? :chin: Oregon is not hard to find, just get in your truck and point it west, stop when you get to the water. :D
Rick, you could say that I've loaded a magazine or two in my day. I've got a little bit of experience with logistics, too. :wink:
hemiallen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 204r, 20vt one Sako-one Cooper, 17FB 17HH, 17JAVALENA

Post by hemiallen »

OK

One more with Scenery and a shooting "double' bench with sun protection that we need for our next Spring trip, and possibly long sleeve shirts.

Most of our shots were inside of the telephone pole seen between the shooting benches, so 150 yds was a max there. My thumbhole 204 Rem is lonely, my son must have been on the other field behind us at that time. I like my brown wooden folding bench, that swivel was a "sportsmans warehouse" buy while getting powder after a long week in Rochester. Nice to run over from the airport vs driving from home, get supplies and use up my perdeim before it gets in my account. lol

Allen
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Yeah but it's not a corner office!! :lol: :lol:

I could go to work just like that everyday & it wouldn't bother me at all!! :wink: :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen