Need a little help

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Need a little help

Post by broper »

I managed to wreck the bolt on my 700 Rem. VLS .204., don't know if the chamber/barrel is damaged or not. I've been told it was probably a detonation. I took it to two gunsmiths and they didn't want to touch it. They both said to contact Remington and send it to them. Anyway I need to know if any of you have a customer service phone number for Rem. I could probably find it on the internet but thought somebody might have it. Thanks.
Bob
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Need a little help

Post by Bill K »

Sorry, do not. But I would bet a fast search of Remington, will give you a number or email, to obtain address, etc. as to where to send your action, for check/service/replacement, etc. What did you do, to light a load and this can cause a detonation, which can be worse, many times, than a over charge load.? Bill K
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Tokimini
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS with a Shilen barrel

Post by Tokimini »

If you have a stock trigger I hope you haven't lightened the pull. I did that with my 700. When I sent it in to be repaired after a factory round blew up in it they said the trigger had been improperly adjusted and stuck me with the cost of installing a new X Mark trigger. It's a much better trigger but I was a bit pissed that I had no say in the matter.
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Post by broper »

I don't know exactly what happened. I was using a 30 gr. charge of BLC(2) and that fills it to the shoulder so I know it couldn't have been a double charge. the round right before it fired perfect. The only thing I can figure is that I threw a light load and didn't notice it. The trigger has been lightned by a gunsmith. I really hated when it happened, it was a super accurate rifle and I really enjoyed shooting it.
Tokimini
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS with a Shilen barrel

Post by Tokimini »

Remington did a good job repairing my rifle. It shot just as accurately after the work as it did before the incident. Hopefully yours will be the same.