Do we have it good here!!

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Tokimini
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS with a Shilen barrel

Do we have it good here!!

Post by Tokimini »

I have been a member of this forum for years and naively thought other firearms related forums would be pretty much the same, a bunch a friendly like minded people who go out of their way to help out fellow members. Boy was I wrong!!! I'm in the process of building a Savage in 6BR so I have been checking out forums on the Savage Shooters and Accurate Shooters websites. Both are kind of disappointing. A lot of people will recommend which powder to use but God help you if you ask for real load data, and I have seen some flame wars that were downright rude and nasty. It seems like some people post opinions just to start trouble. This place is head and shoulders above both those sites and it is solely due to the people we have. We should all take a little pride in being members of such a quality site.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Do we have it good here!!

Post by Bill K »

I have found, out of many sites, three strike my fancy and seem like the members really try to help each other. VHA forum, Small Caliber Club and this one (204 Ruger.com) As for giving a dead on load recommendation, many do not want to do so, for the liability factor, what is a super load in my weapon, just might blow yours apart. No one wants another shooter to ruin a weapon or get hurt.. So loads are usually given as start and the suggestion to work up in your weapon.. Safe and sane. Bill K :)
RowdyYates
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington LVSF, Cooper M21V, C-Z 527 Kevlar V

Post by RowdyYates »

"Rude" and "nasty" pretty much sums up the AR and handgun Internet sites.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

From my internet wanderings, I'd opine that this forum and Saubier are the two most informative and friendly forums on the net. The world is rude, crude and nasty enough as it is. We certainly don't need that when we plop down in our chair to cruise shooting forums for enjoyment and pleasure. Personally, I like it here too. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

As for myself, I am not one to cruise the internet for pleasure, so I can't say one way or another about other gun and shooting forums on the net. But I do log on almost daily, on to this forum, and from my experience this forum is where I like to stay. Very knowledgeable people here, very friendly, and very informative. It seems to me, almost all of us here enjoy sharing info and experiences. I really like it here! :mrgreen:
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

There is a good group of guys here on 204 ruger, i spend the majority of my time online divided between this forum and the Small Caliber Club forum.

Brad
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

I totally agree with you, this is a great place to spend time with other shooters, especially when they are smart enough to know how great the 20 calibers are! :salute: :salute: I have found so much help on this board and some friendly joking. This one of my mainstay sites to spend time at and enjoy myself.
Please, no Sidewinder today!
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

Yes!! I have to agree we have a great site and a good bunch of like minded shooter /reloaders and hunters. Always a friendly place be.
Thank you Members!!

Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Post by bow shot »

Very much prefer the brethren here. Nice blokes!

I enjoy the folks at Saubier also. Nice bunch there too. I do a lot of listening there, so far haven't contributed…

Yes, some of the folks at Accurateshooter can get a tad… shall we say… too far away from their medication. Sone great intel there though.