Dyna-Tek bore coat

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
TEXAS222
.204 Ruger Guns: custom build AR 15-Rem 700 .204 VARMINT- .204 Kimber Pro Var

Dyna-Tek bore coat

Post by TEXAS222 »

Hello. I spent a couple hours this morning reading about a product called Dyna-Tek bore coat, dyna-tek.com. I found it very interesting in that it actually coats the metal & makes bore cleaning a 10 minute job and supposedly for some cleaning only after 100 or more rounds with zero copper fouling & very little of any fouling. Has anybody used this? How was it? Read a bunch of reviews and the outcome was about 95% positive 5% negative. If you have used or if you read about this product, I sure wish you would post your thoughts. Dyna-Tek has a good web page on it & the instructions are explained in detail. Thanks,
Jim D
:?:
MZ5
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye Predator

Re: Dyna-Tek bore coat

Post by MZ5 »

I've Bore Coated a few rifles. It generally works like they say, shortening clean-up time and reducing required scrubbing/effort. I've had a couple Salvage barrels that were inexcusably rough, and while it may have helped them, they were still so rough they were a nightmare to clean. A Browning was that way, too. I think it pitted at some point, as it wasn't a problem to clean it when it was new.

There was a batch of the product at one point a few years ago that was no good. The company would replace it if you got such a bottle. Hasn't been a problem in recent years, that I know of.