Help with Upgrading my Remington 700

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
CaleCote
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS

Help with Upgrading my Remington 700

Post by CaleCote »

Hi,

I am reaching out to everyone for help. I only started hunting one year ago(two bucks and three geese last year), so I am trying to learn but don't have as much experience.
I have buck fever and was looking at going varmint hunting as well. I did a lot of research and the 204 ruger was the best round. Now I am in the process of trying to build out my rifles and am looking for some help.

I had originally gotten a Remington 700 Magpul hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor (https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/remingt ... tion-rifle). I bought a Remington 700 SPS in 204 Ruger and then was going to upgrade it. I actually like the Magpul stock so I wanted to move that over to my 204 and then put a H-S Precision stock on the 6.5 Creedmoor (https://hsprecision.com/product/pss001- ... fle-stock/).

I reached out to Magpul to see if I could put the 204 Ruger on the Magpul Hunter stock and his email was

"Not unless you can find a short action AICS pattern magazine in .204 Ruger."

I understand that he doesnt want to help since the products I am buying wont be through him, but can someone please help me.
I am trying to learn, but am not sure if this is possible.

Thanks,

Cale
erslll
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Re: Help with Upgrading my Remington 700

Post by erslll »

Accurate Mag and MDT both make short action 223 AICS magazines. I have not tried either with 204 yet. Magpul is coming out with 223 AICS mags this year also but again, I don't know if 204 will work in them. I plan on finding out if one of these three will work in the near future. I have a Remington 700 that is going to be a 204 project and it will be sitting in a chassis system.
RowdyYates
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington LVSF, Cooper M21V, C-Z 527 Kevlar V

Post by RowdyYates »

Looks like the newer Ruger American Predator in .204 (#26971) comes with an “AI style” magazine.

Dang. If I didn’t already have three .204 rifles, I’d snag one of those!
yougothim!
.204 Ruger Guns: none- but soon

Post by yougothim! »

My new Ruger American Predator 204 is on the way. Should be able to pick it up ~July 23rd-ish. I have the same rifle in 223 and the P-mags say they handle 5.56/223 and 204 (so it must be true.. lol). We will see when it gets here. I also have a Caldwell Mag Charger that is supposed to do 204's also, well yet another thing to check out. Looking forward to many new things around the 204.