Accuracy Systems Inc AR's

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
MrPillow

Accuracy Systems Inc AR's

Post by MrPillow »

Been looking into an Ar-15 platform in .204 ruger, and came across this website. Before these I had been looking at the DPMS Lr-204, but have concentrated more on these due to the 1/2" accuracy gurantee.

http://accuracysystemsinc.com/ar15_conversion.html

Does anyone here own one, or have experience with them? I was thinking of the Thumbhole LR, or the Super Match.

Thanks a bunch.
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

I always wanted a AR15,but the accuracy kept me away.A good friend (SGT MAJ :salute: ) Has several .223's and 9mm in military drag. They shoot 1-3 inch groups at 100 yards.I must add that he shoots standard military ammo not handloads.If they guarantee 1/2" MOA @100, maybe 1"MOA @200 is possible with the Accuracy Systems rifle. 8) That aint bad.I'm sold :wink:
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

An AR can shoot with most boltguns, if they have the ammo they like, and a freefloated barrel (tubular handguard) up front. My buddy's Rock River Varminter will shoot 1/2" groups with AA2230-C and 52 Sierras, a load I came up with, for MY boltguns. I simply took my ammo and his rifle, and shot some groups with it, it was an eye-opener, for me. I didn't think they could shoot THAT well, but his does.
I don't like chasing brass, though, so I haven't worked up a desire for one, no matter how well they shoot. That, and that I worked in my company's arms room for awhile, when I was in the Army. Keeping 160 M16A1s and M203s in operating order is a headache, especially when the 16s were worn out from a fracas in SE Asia. :?
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
joghotrod

Post by joghotrod »

I was recently talking to a man that lives in Co. and he has a Acc. Systems AR in .204 that he wanted to sell. It had about 80 rds through it. If you are interested send me a PM and I will get you in touch with him. It was a 24 in. fluted with the Badger full floated hand guard. His price was very reasonable. I decided to go with a Dtech instead.

Jimmy
.204 Ruger M77 Mark II Weaver 6-24
.222 Rem. BDL Varmint Leupold VX III 6.5-20
.204 Dtech AR 24 in. 1/9 twist SS Fluted Shilen Barrel with Compensator, Leatherwood 8.5-25 uni-dial Also 1/12 twist Shilen. NRA Life Member
6BR Dtech Upper, Shilen 1/8 twist.
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

Mrpillow, I have the DPMS LR-204 and I love it. I havent been super impressed with the groups yet but really havent settled down and tried. Its my 1st semi-auto rifle so Im still having too much fun just "lettin fly" at bunnys. I just yesterday bought the reloading dies.I can understand going with somebody that has an accuracy guarantee, I was surprised that DPMS makes no guarantee at all. And Glenn Asher nailed it. chasing brass in 2" of snow in the desert just SUX. :x If anybody is wondrin what to get me for Xmas, need a brass catcher!

DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.