New 204 pic

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Bad Dad

New 204 pic

Post by Bad Dad »

Here are some pic’s of a project that I’ve been working on for about 6 months. First the wood. This is a piece of walnut burl that I’ve had for ~3 years.

There is almost no room for the top of the stock because the charging handle has to come out a long way so you only have about ¼” between the charging handle and the tube that holds the spring so that really limits what you can so with a wood stock on an AR.

Then the gun. It’s got a 24” Krieger Stainless 1:10 twist chambered in 204 Ruger.

I polished the barrel then put a pattern of coyote prints on the top. Kevin Weaver let me use his blaster to bead blast the barrel. Kevin told me not to expect much since he’s never had luck putting patterns on barrels before. We were both very surprised by how it turned out. (big thanks to Kevin for letting me use his blaster) Here is a close up of the barrel.

Now I have to mount a scope and take it out to see how it shoots. Hopefully the it will be nice enough to take it out next week.
"Bad Dad" Given to me by my 8 year old son after watching a 60's movie were I had to explain “BAD” as being “Awesome, Sweet, Rad":cool: . Love that kid
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

That is some very nicely figured wood in that stock!!! Wood to drool over, indeed!!! I hope it is a shooter for you too. I like the paw prints you were able to place on the barrel--definitely a unique barrel.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

Bad Dad, Great job, that's some of the best walnut i've seen in a long time. If that gun shoot's half as good as it look's you'l have one awesome gun. Vary well done,
huntsman22
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77VT and ruger mkII Ultralite

Post by huntsman22 »

Yep, Now it needs a matching handguard/forearm.......Nice.Don
Bad Dad

Post by Bad Dad »

never though about trying to build a matching handguard I’ll have to think about that one. :lol: I’ve got enough of the same wood that I could make 2-3 more but will have to see how this one holds up first.
Greg
"Bad Dad" Given to me by my 8 year old son after watching a 60's movie were I had to explain “BAD” as being “Awesome, Sweet, Rad":cool: . Love that kid
Robert harrel
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77 m ll,cooper mod21, rem 700,savage12 fvb,savage lrpv

Post by Robert harrel »

WOW! bad dad that stock and bbl does look “Awesome, Sweet, Rad" and BAD! great work been trying to see pictures since you posted them. had to go to another computer. firewall issue i guess
If not for my forgetful nature remembering things would be no problem at all.
Bad Dad

Post by Bad Dad »

The only scop I had to spare was a 4X so I put it on to break in the barrel. I shot a .292" 5 shot group at 100 yds, and a .423" group to go with it. :eek:
WCTHEMI

Post by WCTHEMI »

Looks slick.
Robert harrel
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77 m ll,cooper mod21, rem 700,savage12 fvb,savage lrpv

Post by Robert harrel »

thats sounds like it is going to shoot great was this fac. rounds or hand loads i will bet it realy make the 40's shine
If not for my forgetful nature remembering things would be no problem at all.