Glenn or Glen

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Glenn or Glen

Post by Melvin Eades »

I noticed a lot of my older post are gone since the board has had a facelift. Are they lost forever or are they going to show up again?
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.
KVW
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV & 12FVS

Re: Glenn or Glen

Post by KVW »

Yea, that's a good ? because there is alot of great info that was out there. I hope it can be brought back to life.
Savage 12LRPV W/Sightron 36x scope
Savage 12FV W/Weaver T-36 scope

WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

Take a look in "User Control Panel" "Board preferences" "» Edit display options" and check your settings for "Display topics from previous days:" and "Display posts from previous days:". Set both to all if not done so already.
Melvin Eades

Post by Melvin Eades »

I checked the settings, but still don't see my past posts.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

Is 84 the correct number for your total posts?

edit: Hmmmm that is strange, a search for your posts only returns 26...
204Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77II Ultralight

Post by 204Shooter »

Yes, that is correct. In an effort to keep the size of the board to a managable level, there was a purge of the system to get rid of old posts. The system is/was supposed to only get rid of threads that had not been viewed for 700 days. This means that all threads that had not been viewed or read by someone for nearly two years was deleted. I am not sure that it worked as designed and maybe you guys can tell me if it got rid of more threads than it should have.
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
Melvin Eades

Post by Melvin Eades »

Just about all of my post have been in the last two years. Does this mean they are lost forever.

204Shooter

Post by 204Shooter »

I do have backups of before the purge so if you are looking for something specific, I might be able to find it. But there is no way of merging that information back into the current database without loosing everything after the purge. Sorry.
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
Melvin Eades

Post by Melvin Eades »

I know you gotta' do what you gotta' do. I liked to go back and look at my post just to see how many viewers it had and also to go back and look up comments on loads, guns, reloading etc. I'm sure there are others that did that also.
There was a lot of valuble and informative info thats gone.

Anyway,thanks for maintaining the board and making it a good place for us to share stories and information.

Later,
ME

204Shooter

Post by 204Shooter »

I am sorry this happened. The feature of deleting old posts may not be as stable as I thought. My intention was that if a post/thread had not been viewed for more than 700 days, it probably was not much use to anyone. However, if other posts/threads got deleted that did not meet this criteria, there is obviously a problem. I will use it with more prudence in the future.

If there is something specific that you are looking for, I can search the backups and try to find it.
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

Shooter, not to put any more on your plate but,will I be able to put up an avatar any time soon?
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
204Shooter

Post by 204Shooter »

Rugerdogdog:

I have had the avatars turned off since the inception of the site because avatars are one of the most easily abused features of a forum. I want this to be a clean, family friendly site. The policing of avatars is something that I just don't want to do nor have the time to do.

However, I am always open to new things. If there were enough people that wanted them, I would not be against discussing it. :D
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

Ok I'm cool with whatever "the powers that be" decide. I just finally figured out how to make an avatar of my namesake dog, Ruger. You all do a great job of providing a place for us to hang out so I wont complain.
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.