My apologies to all.... O/T

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

My apologies to all.... O/T

Post by glenn asher »

I've been distracted a bit lately, and haven't been around much. I've been doing my other hobby, making life miserable for car stealerships :D I don't have all that many miles on my '02 truck, but since it's last payment is going in this month, I thought it might be a good time to trade, since it's those "end of year closeouts" sales events, and so forth. I DON'T need a new truck, but the deals are VERY favorable right now, and shopping around is taking a lot of time. THIS week, I'm pitting Nissan dealerships against each other, and having a hoot of a time. I love the solid build of the Nissan trucks, and have been driving them 22 of the last 30 years, so that's my main interest. So far, I got an offer on another 4 banger from one, and a matching offer, for the much nicer V-6, WITH all the gadgets and fooferaw. See what's taking so long???? Now the first place is trying to play catch up with the second place, and I'm having a ball. I haven't even thrown in the wild cards of the OTHER two dealerships yet, as I have four within seven miles :D The only hard thing, is trying to keep the offers straight in my head................ Which is why I'm offering my apologies to you all, sorry for the lapses in my attention span :mrgreen: I'm sure you understand.....
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Re: My apologies to all.... O/T

Post by Rugerdogdog »

Shucks buddy. You dont need to apologize for not coming around as much as you would like......you only need to apologize when you disappear with no word and then, months later reappear with no explaination!!! :lol:

P.S. If they make their trucks even close to as well as their cars then I'm right with you. My wife has a Sentra that may have NEVER had any service until I met her, then I was...........lets say, less than diligent with the service, now all I can say is, RUNS LIKE NEW, A/C IS PERFECT, 139,000MI, 37MPG!!!
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

We gotcha covered big guy!! :wink: Don't forget the pics of it!! :lol:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
204Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77II Ultralight

Post by 204Shooter »

Yea! If it is making you feel guilty, it's worth a picture! :wink:
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
glenn asher

Post by glenn asher »

I've still got some torturing to do, sorry :lol: no pics yet!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Glenn, make sure you go on Edmunds.com and get their pricing reports for both the trade and the new truck. Slap that down in front of the salesman and watch'em squirm! :lol: Great fun!! Good hunting, Gary
glenn asher

Post by glenn asher »

I've got 'em where I want 'em now, it's just time to decide which color I want, silver or dark gray, leaning towards another silver one, same color I'm driving now.
I conservatively estimated my current truck's value when researching the new truck, but Dealer "B" lowballed me real bad, and made me mad as heck with an offer of $360/month/six years. I've now got that dealer down to $300/month/five years!(with a lower interest rate!) :eek: Same truck, too!
I can only guess, but I'm thinking that they wanted to pocket that incentive money Nissan gave them for year end closeouts, and they tried to stick it to me with fullboat retail price, while crapping on my trade-in. As a repeat customer with them, I got mad :mad: and went over to Dealer "C", who'd already figured in the Nissan incentives into their tag price, and offered me, no questions, what I wanted for my current vehicle :D . After I called over to "B" to tell them I wasn't taking their "fine offer", somehow my call got transferred to the company VP, so I didn't even know who I was talking to, when I let them have it hard, hot, and heavy.
After a 20 minute butt-chewing, now Dealer "B" is wanting to make nice, REAL NICE. I don't know for sure, but I think the sales manager and the salesman were trying to screw me hard while pocketing a real nice wad of cash :mad: and the VP got them straightened out RIGHT.
I DO think they've("B") regained a lot of what they'd lost, with the offers they are making now, but I'm still not too happy with them. That's certainly not the way to treat a repeat customer, and the VP made that clear as a bell. In any event, Dealer "C" has a nice truck to sell me, without the drama, although it's not a color I'd prefer. We'll see how it goes this morning, I have an appointment with "C" at 0900..........
glenn asher

Post by glenn asher »

Since my hosting site don't work so good :? , take a peek here........Glen ONE EN's other home away from home :mrgreen:

http://www.varminter.com/forums/index.p ... getnewpost
Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

glenn:

You should realize you never get a car dealer where you want them. If they low ball ya' they're simply playing the odds of you biting.....someone else will before too long if you don't....

And if you think you have them just where you want them, they know they've found a buyer who is wiling to pay them more than what they would have accepted if pushed even harder.... It's just a matter of time and endurance. And they determine both of those factors.....

I married a car dealer's daughter so have seen them at work up close . It was easier talking him out of her than it was one of his cars unless he had you right where he wanted you... :mrgreen:

Nice looking truck by the way...

-BCB
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Looks nice GA!! That sucker just screams RED!! :lol: You won't sneak up,on anybody/thing in that one. :lol:

I like grey trucks too. Especially the dark grey.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen