Montana Extreme v. BMG

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Vartarg
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 77MkII Target, Remington LVSF

Montana Extreme v. BMG

Post by Vartarg »

I've used Butch's Bore Shine as well as other solvents, and would be interested in other forum members' experience with Montana Extreme versus their BMG product. I generally use MPro7 bore cleaner because it's not too harsh, and my skin reacts badly to the stringent products. I use latex gloves when I'm using BoreTech Eliminator, Sweets 7.62, etc. Thanks. George
PEACE-Through Superior Firepower
LeeC

Re: Montana Extreme v. BMG

Post by LeeC »

I've been using Eliminator, and their Slip 2000 for the carbon. Had been going thru bookoo patches. Recently got some BMG, and it cleaned up the copper pronto. If you use it, don't try to get a good sniff...almost put me down. And don't leave it in the barrel for more than 10 min. Haven't tried Montana Extreme.
"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Used in good ventilation, .50BMG is just tolerable, it is STOUT stuff, but it works wonderfully well, and very quickly, too. Now that I've tried it, I will NOT be going back to Shooter's Choice Copper Remover, it's more labor intensive. I don't much like the odor, but the stuff works like a champ.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Outlaws

Post by Outlaws »

Vartarg wrote:I've used Butch's Bore Shine as well as other solvents, and would be interested in other forum members' experience with Montana Extreme versus their BMG product. I generally use MPro7 bore cleaner because it's not too harsh, and my skin reacts badly to the stringent products. I use latex gloves when I'm using BoreTech Eliminator, Sweets 7.62, etc. Thanks. George
I haven't used it, but its on sale at Midway for about $3.
BattleTone
Online firearm guides