Wrist Rockets

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
.204 Sniper

Wrist Rockets

Post by .204 Sniper »

Come on....................we all had one growing up. I took MANY doves, quail and sparrows with mine. Even a few cottontails.

My favorite was the folding Pocket Rocket with a finger pinch of BB's in the pouch. Worked great on powerline doves out to 30 yards. Had lots of dove breasts fried in butter growing up.

Anytime we got some quail, my friends mom would go all out cooking them for us. Baked with all the seasonings and a slice of green apple on top. Boy, do I miss her persimmon bars.

Anyway, fast forward 25 years.

Here's my NEW Wrist Rocket I just bought. Let me tell you..................this thing is NO JOKE! In fact, when I'm done typing this I'm going to thump a couple of big Desert Jacks. ;)
It throws 3/8" steel balls like lightning - and it's ACCURATE! (Hint: order the twin TUBE bands - it comes with the flat bands pictured).

Here's the link:
http://www.slingshotsusa.com/product_in ... cts_id=685

It's made by Saunders Archery. They made the first wrist braced slingshot back in 1954.
http://www.sausa.com/pp24.html

Ray from Slingshots Usa got it in the mail to me the next day...........................top notch little company.

Order one of these. It's not cheaply made in any way. I think it's made out of Kydex or something (like the holsters). It's got good weight to it - about 2 pounds! You'll be handing this thing down to your grandkids - I Promise!

I'll post pics of some bunnies if I score...............................
When your attack is going well you are about to be ambushed.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: Wrist Rockets

Post by glenn asher »

They work well on squirrels, too. Anyone see any irony in killing a squirrel with a green acorn? :D
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
LeeC

Post by LeeC »

When the subject of slingshots come up, I think of my first... uncle made tree 'Y' with rubber innertube and shoe tongue pocket. Put a nice lump on my gourd. Hope these work better for you.
"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson
.204 Sniper

Post by .204 Sniper »

LOL.................Here, bury that in 'yer ---------------- never mind!

Drove up the street a few blocks and parked next to a big open field. Got out - put on my camo jacket and headed towards a little ravine.....................walking slowly and VERY quietly.
Within 50 yards of my truck a big Jack popped up and ran about 10 yards and stopped! He was only about 30 yards away............................I drew back holding on to the 3/8" steel ball in the pouch..................aimed.........................and let 'er fly!
The rabbit 'jumped the string' at the shot and my ball went about 4" underneath him!

Rabbits = 1 Hunter = 0

Disgruntled at the miss and still full of the 'rush' from the shot, I headed back home and grabbed my Benjamin 392 .22 air rifle with a Williams peep sight and a tin of JSB Predator pellets. ;)

I found the little rascal watching me from 40 yards away..........................

Rabbits = 1 Hunter = 1

At the shot he ran about 3 feet, then piled up. The Predator pellet went in behind the shoulder. Perfect lung shot.
http://www.predatorpellets.com/

Be sure to read the 'testimonials' section.
When your attack is going well you are about to be ambushed.
crazy2medic
.204 Ruger Guns: custom .204 left hand bolt.

Post by crazy2medic »

I still have my pocket rocket it's folded up in a tool box I store misc. items in, my nephew was sent off to Iraq, some of the iraqi men would throw rocks(baseball size) at the marines, he told me they couldn't shoot them because of the rules of engagement, so I told him I'd send him a solution, loaded up a modern version of the wrist rocket and a couple of bags of marbles, he said when you hit the fist one in the chest the others quit throwing rocks!
Coyote, Cat, Crow, 204 fodder!
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Post by Melvin Eades »

I remember when my brother and I were younger, our dad told us about when he was a kid they would use green grapes for "bullets". He also told us he didn't want us using our grapes because mom wanted them for making jelly. Ya... right! As soon as mom and dad left to go to town for groceries, we headed for the grape arbor. I'm here to tell you that a green grape out of a good slingshot can leave welts on a person's body. When dad got home, he asked what was wrong with my face. I had a knot on my fore head about the size of a quarter. After I had taken that hit I realized real quick that could have been my eye. Dad was no dummy, since there were smashed green grapes scattered around the yard where our "battle" had taken place.
Ah, the simple days of growing up!
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.