New addition to the arsenal: CZ527 American

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
CV32

New addition to the arsenal: CZ527 American

Post by CV32 »

New addition to the arsenal this week, a CZ527 American in left hand and .204 Ruger, topped with a Bushnell Elite 3200 4-12x40 scope. (Not a great pic, but you get the idea). I'm interested in hearing about pet loads for the CZ527, with 35 gr and 40 gr Bergers especially.

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving. - Ulysses S. Grant (1822-85)
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Re: New addition to the arsenal: CZ527 American

Post by Glen »

Sweet lookin rig you got there!! And you appear to have all the fixins as well!! Best of Luck & I hope you enjoy that fine rig Safely for a very long time CV!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
spur

Post by spur »

The 527 American in 204 has been my favorite calling rifle for the last 2 seasons. Had to remove just a bit of wood from the right forarm to float the barrel.
It's grouping in the .6's at 100 and 1.2's at 200 with the 35 berger and BLC2 at 3850fps. I havn't tried H 4895 or RX10x but suspect H4895 may be less temp sensitive.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Benchmark and the 35s work pretty good in my RH 527, I'd think they'd work well in your southpaw model, too. I won't give you my exact load, because each rifle acts differently.

I didn't even know the LH was available in .204! Sales must have impressed CZ enough to have them done up. Cool! Normally, all you'd see would be a .223 in LH. Good for CZ!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Singleshot

Post by Singleshot »

I bought a left hand CZ 527 in 17HMR at a gun show over the weekend. The guy also had the same rifle with a very nicely figured walnut stock in 22 rim fire. CZ seems to have a good line of left hand rifles in small calibres.
stevecrea

Post by stevecrea »

It looks like you got a very nice piece of wood on your 527! I have been interested in the 527 in 204 because I am left handed also. What kind of accuracy are you getting?
Novus Ordo Seclorem ("a new order has begun")
CV32

Post by CV32 »

steve, I've only put about 30 rounds down the pipe so far, but my CZ seems to have an affinity for the lighter end of the bullet spectrum.

The factory 32 gr Hornady Vmax shot very well (two of three holes touching) and a 35 gr Berger load (which I had worked up previously for my Rem 700 VLS) was also good.

The factory 40 gr Hornady Vmax was not nearly as consistent, and although they did appear to stabilize somewhat (no keyholing), a 45 gr Hornady SP load (also worked up for the VLS) did not group well at all.
The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving. - Ulysses S. Grant (1822-85)