Great wife

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
cracker

Great wife

Post by cracker »

Its seems as though I made a very good choice when a married my wife 18 years ago today. Our special day will be spent in the valley of a friends with lots of fire power, she has arranged for a great group of people to meet for a good ol day of burning powder. she knew a had to shoot the postal targets this weekend and said it would be a great way to spend our special day. the only problem is 15 to 25 mph winds and the fact that i will be shooting off of a lawn chair and a table for a bench but what the hay its better than using the shooting sticks that I take hunting.
What a woman, of course her b-day is in 2 weeks so she knows that I will have to make that a very speical day for her! maybe she wants a new gun LOL
Sportingly
cracker
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Re: Great wife

Post by Glen »

Congratulations on 18 years of marriage cracker. I wish you 2 kids as many more as you would like to have also. :wink:

Good Luck with the Postal Shoot as well. :yeah: :yeah:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Robert harrel
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77 m ll,cooper mod21, rem 700,savage12 fvb,savage lrpv

Post by Robert harrel »

A great wife is the greatest. we celibrated 18 years last month
congrats and good luck on the postal shoot
If not for my forgetful nature remembering things would be no problem at all.
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

Congratulations Cracker and Robert harrel on your 18 years of marriage. It only gets better as time go's buy if you work at it. Next june me and my wife will have 40 years to gether and it's been pretty good i think. And good luck on your postal shoot.
cracker

Post by cracker »

good news bad news
lets start with the good news, it was a great day for the anniversary shoot out. we shot rifles, revolvers handguns, and shot guns. a very good day with great friends and great weather except for the wind. my hand gun performed flawlessly and i was able to hit bowling pins at 100yrds 8 out of ten shots off of my sticks sitting on a big stump. the ol 870 shotgun hit most of the birds we shot at. Now the bad news, the ol 204 CZ shot one of the worst groups in a long time. luck I shot 2 of the three targets at the range the other day and only had one to shoot to finish the holes I needed in the paper. I know it was the gun and not me because I shot the revolver and shot gun so good. She must have had a bad day.
The other good news is its the wife's b-day in 2 weeks and now I know she wants a 38 special revolver or o 20 gauge shot gun, I love shopping for the wife at the gun store.
Any way no competition from me, but I hope everyone had as much fun shooting the postal shot as I did.
My hats off to you waldo.
Sportingly
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
skb2706

Post by skb2706 »

Congratulations and I hope you have many more.

15 years ago I married my wife and didn't realize until 13 years later what a great person she really is. I was lucky and figured it out before I lost her. Among a list of other things she is my spotter, hunting friend, fishing partner, at times my taxi and takes good care of our kids.
TC Contender Carbine
23" MGM Shilen SS barrel
Weaver KT15

TC Contender G2 Carbine
23" factory CM barrel
Mueller 4.5 x 14 Eradicator
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

Weep...weep. I got a lil misty on that thread. I have been married just over a year and a half. I love her more every day. And we leave for her first ever elk hunt in 3 days!!!!
The first couple years are supposed to be easy, right?
I pray to make it to 18....50 really.
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

rugerdogdog - PLEASE, let her shoot the largest elk first. Otherwise, it will be a L-O-N-G ride home!! :)
LowPro
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS - CZ 527 Varmint Kevlar - Remington R-15

Post by LowPro »

I've got one of those wives, as well...

Not too long ago, my best friend decided to sell one of his muzzleloaders (one that I've had my eye on...just couldn't believe he decided to sell it...new - never shot). My wife heard about it, and told me, "We have the money, if you want it". It came home with me, a week later.

Then just the other day, she told me I could pick out anything I wanted from the local gun dealer (for my birthday coming up, next week). I decided not to take too much advantage of the offer, so I picked out a plinker (ammo is too expensive to waste anymore)...a nice Browning Buck Mark Camper .22LR semi-auto.

Plus, I've bought her shotguns, rifles, revolvers, pistols & whatnot for Mother's Day, birthdays & such. I don't mind that kind of shopping, for her!

What a woman!!! We'll be celebrating 15 years, in a few months...
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

My wife told me to pick out a rifle as well for my birthday. I'm thinking a Rem 597 22WMR. :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen