Egg shoot.....

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Keith in Ga

Egg shoot.....

Post by Keith in Ga »

We had an "egg shoot" at our local range this weekend. This was my first attempt at this type shoot, now I can see why. The "eggs" turned out to be 2" targets , which were shot at 400 yards! I shot the only .204 at the match, and although I didn't win, I was pleased with my 2 shots out of 5 in the target. My group size was 2.44, which considering the conditions, was decent. The mirage kicked in after my second shot, and it was hard to see the target.
I would be interested in other type "egg shoots" as to distance, targets, etc. for a future shoot.
ImageImage
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: Egg shoot.....

Post by glenn asher »

It's a "maybe too long a drive" for you, but they have two egg-type shoots at Buck Creek Range in Whetstone KY in the summer, usually the second weekend in May (Bluegrass Balloon Bust), and Labor Day weekend (KY Top Gun). The first is a water balloon event, from 200 factory class, 300 (light custom) and 400 yards (Heavy Varmint). Whetstone might not be on the map, but it's west of I-65, between London and Somerset Kentucky. Fun place, fun events, lots of VERY NICE people attend those shoots, including me :D
The BBB shoots at water balloons that are "about" fist sized, and it's harder than it sounds, with Buck Creek's famous winds mucking up the works. The wind is usually less of a problem at the Top Gun, but they switch to eggs for that one, same rules, though. I'll get you a link to the shoot, but it's a long time until May. I usually use it to tune up for a PD shoot :D
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: Egg shoot.....

Post by glenn asher »

http://www.varminthunters.com/bbb.html

It's sponsored by users of the GoGoVarmintGo message board, OR, at least all the shooters congregate there :D . I went down there for the first time back in 2003, had a ball, and have been going back ever since. Like I said, nice folks there :D Made some excellent friends , and we even go PDoggin' together now and then.
That first shoot I went to, had shooters from LA, IL, MN, PA, OH, KY, TN, VA, and IN, so it's a well-represented place, for such an off the beaten path location. Even some from Georgia, now that I think about it. :lol: You'd sure be welcome there, they are a friendly bunch.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!