Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Re: Tell us about yourself...

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

Welcome aboard T-bone.
Gotta be happy with that group size. I hope you can keep them that small. As you read on you'll find that the 40 V-max is a hit and miss bullet - some barrels love them, some don't. Mainly due to the twist rate - 1 in 10 will do well, some 1 in 12's do, others don't. I'm not sure what twist yours is, but there are a few CZ fanatics here that will know.
Did you handload, or is it factory ammo?
T-Bone
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint Kevlar in .204 Ruger

Post by T-Bone »

That is factory ammo. I do reload several calibers, but I haven't set up for 204 yet. I guess I'm hoping to do some more precision sort of thing using Wilson dies and an arbor press, but am constrained by the expense at the moment. Oh and my CZ is a 1:12 IIRC. I do have the older model with the HS Precision stock, but only the 223 came with a 1:9 twist.

On the CZ score I am very much a fanatic. :-)
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

grousehunter wrote:New to this forum. Own and been a big fan of 204's since them came out. I had no idea about this site til the other day. Looking to learn more about loads and developement. Take care.
Well...ya' came to the right place. Plenty of info, help and good people here.

Jim
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

T-Bone wrote:I'm new here also. I recently acquired a CZ 527 Varmint Kevlar and put a Harris bi-pod and a SWFA SS fixed 10x mildot scope on it. Sweet rifle and I am getting some good groups with it. I just picked up some Harnady 40 gr V-Max and got my best group ever on the second group - almost a third MOA at 100yds!

I've heard of those Kevlar CZ's but haven't seen any. Hornady 40's shot ok in mine. Once you get her dialed in she should be a hammer. Haven't heard of a lousy shootin' CZ-204 yet.

Jim
Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Post by Bodei »

Nice rifle, nice stock. Welcome. Lots of good info here.
K = ½mv2
TucoTom
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper M21

Post by TucoTom »

Hello to the 204 Ruger forum......

My handle is TucoTom and I reside in Boise, Idaho....

Cooper M21 204 Ruger w/ Leupold 6.5x20x40 LR 30mm Side Focus VX-3.

Last edited by TucoTom on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

TucoTom wrote:Hello to the 204 Ruger forum......

My handle is TucoTom and I reside in Boise, Idaho....

Rifle picture to follow......
Welcome aboard Tuco Tom... You will enjoy this bunch :lol: Bill K :)
ddwaite
.204 Ruger Guns: none1

Post by ddwaite »

T-Bone wrote:I'm new here also. I recently acquired a CZ 527 Varmint Kevlar and put a Harris bi-pod and a SWFA SS fixed 10x mildot scope on it. Sweet rifle and I am getting some good groups with it. I just picked up some Harnady 40 gr V-Max and got my best group ever on the second group - almost a third MOA at 100yds!

Welcome! Nice looking gun. Is it new? Looked on their website and the kevlar they show doesn't look anything like yours. Yours is better
kiwi**
.204 Ruger Guns: howa m1500 lightning

Post by kiwi** »

Hi, I live in Shakey Christchurch New Zealand
I have been shooting the 204 for about 5 years and love it for its accuracy, have a ordinary Howa 1500 with 22 inch barrel which I put a Boyds thumb hole stock
on ,bedded the gun and floated the barrel , lightened the trigger to 1 pound pull and fitted a suppessor and this has given me my best accuracy of .13 of moa.
I reload with IMR 8208 powder with 40gr vmax bullets which she likes best of all powders I have tried, this is the most accurate gun I have ever owned.
Like this site have looked in on it for years and may all the posts keep coming.
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

That sounds like a nice gun mate. I've been considering that option (Howa + Boyd's) when I get around to my next .204. Or a Tikka. But you've got that shooting well. Welcome aboard
Promapper
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 204 24" on Bushmaster lower with Luepold 8.5-20x40

Post by Promapper »

Well, I guess I been on here long enough I should introduce myself. My name is Greg and I am a retired Photogrammetrist (folks that make maps from the aerial photos.) NO! we don't take photos of houses or do road maps. We do engineering grade maps and reappraisal maps for cities and county governments. Ever wonder how they knew you built that new addition on the back of the barn. Sorry, that was guys like us.

I've been reloading shotgun for 20 years and shoot competitive skeet in 410 through 12 gauge. Just recently, last 60 days, began working the metallic and I do enjoy that although it can be a bit frustrating.

I have various pistols I play with such as US 1911, Mk 3, five seven, judge long barrel. Rifles range from 17 pre charged pneumatic to 30-06. I guess my favorite would be either the 204 DPMS upper or the Savage Bull 22-250. Curently working on loads for the .204 and the 6.5 x 284. I got the 204 to 1/2 MOA last night so next is to make sure I can repeat it. Will post pics when I do.

Thanks to all that have already helped me and I hope I can help others soon.

Greg
Joe McCarthy (Republican senator from Wisconsin (1947–57) WAS RIGHT ! And no one listened. NOW LOOK WHAT WE GOT !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_McCarthy
KiwiMonkey
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 VLP

Post by KiwiMonkey »

Welcome! I did a bit of photogram too when I was studying actually, I'm a Land Surveyor.
Savage 12-VLP .204
Savage MkIIF(B)SS .22LR
Ruger Hawkeye .308
shaman
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by shaman »

hello, currently living in Japan, but will be headed back to the US in April. a 204 is number 2 or 3 on my list of rifles to buy, after a .62x39 upper in 11 or 16", and before or after a Grendel. Just here to learn, and decide if I want to buy an AR upper or a Mossberg MVP.
three toes
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by three toes »

Hi guy's, My name is Travis . I live inBritish Columbia ,my passion is hunting , and as of the last year coyote's have been an addiction. The 204 , I'm convinced is the only way to go, and by being on this site, I know I'm going to learn. I,ve been lurking awhile and figured, I had better start learnin. So please be patient with my typing, and a sick sense of humour. Talk to ya soon.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

As if some of us are not sick with our talk ??? Welcome to a good, but somewhat crazy bunch, at times. We all learn something new everyday, if we did not then we are most likely dead. Bill K