First Question new member

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
jayph
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

First Question new member

Post by jayph »

I have been a lurker for some time but have finally joined and I have my first question.

Is there a synthetic stainless rifle with a detachable box magazine in .204 ruger other than the Tikka Varmint? My buddy is looking for a rifle with that description and is having a hard time. Thanks in advance
Keith in Ga

Re: First Question new member

Post by Keith in Ga »

First of all, welcome aboard! There are guys on here that are much more knowledgeable than me, but I'll throw in my opinion (for what it's worth). If your buddy can find a Tikka varmint in .204, he should buy it! I have a Tikka varmint (blue) in .223 and .22-250, and they're tack drivers. I haven't seen a .204 in the varmint, but would buy one if I could. I've got a Cooper .204, which is a real shooter, but the Tikka's are just as accurate.
If the Tikka stainless appeals to him, I would definately recommend it. Doubt if you'll find a more accurate rifle for the money. I'm not familiar with other box mag .204's.
Keep us posted as to his decision.
ImageImage
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: First Question new member

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Welcome Jay....Browning's new X-Bolt rifles have a detachable box magazine, they are just out, so not available in anything yet except walnut/blue, but a little birdie tells me eventually they'll be available in stainless/synthetic, along with the removeable box mag you want.

Personally, right now I'd grab a Tikka and run! About the smoothest bolt I've ever felt, and everyone I know who has one in either a varmint or game caliber says they are real shooters right out of the box. You can't beat Sako/Tikka for quality either, for materials, workmanship and engineering.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails