timney triggers

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

timney triggers

Post by kenbrofox »

Hello everyone, does anyone know if there is a timney trigger to fit remy.model seven rifles? Agent in UK says it's not available. any info. appreciated. regards kenbro. :cry:
' Pay it forward buddy '
Snowshoe Joe

Re: timney triggers

Post by Snowshoe Joe »

From Timney's website:

http://www.timneytriggers.com/sunshop/c ... n-6-1.html

Nothing listed for Model 7. Now then, I do not know whether Model 7 and 700 factory triggers are different. Someone else can chime in here.

Merry Christmas to one and all! ;)
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Ken: Timney indeed makes a trigger for the Model Seven....here's a link:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... mid=563419

Have you tried doing some fine adjustment with the factory Remmy trigger? I've got a Model Seven in .243W that after I adjusted it, I saw no need for a replacement trigger. My rifle does not have the new Remmy factory trigger.

It appears the factory Model Seven trigger does work...... as this coyote of opportunity found out.

Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

kenbrofox

Post by kenbrofox »

Thanks for that snowshoe joe, hope someone else can post positive but seems unlikely if the timney site does'nt list one. Best wishes to you for christmas and the new year, and good shooting to everyone wherever you are. kenbro
' Pay it forward buddy '
kenbrofox

Post by kenbrofox »

Hi Rick, looks like i spoke too soon when i replied to snowshoe joe. I should have known you would come up with the goods, i checked that site and unfortunatley the one listed has no provision for a safety... could'nt trust myself with one of those. My sevens have the x mark pro triggers which go down to 3lb, and below that they go over on closing the bolt. might have to bite the bullet and pay the extra bucks for a jewell! Do you know if remington ever sold a mod. seven cdl in .204? Thanks for info.also the nice picture. regards kenbro. PS. you must have plenty of leisure time with all the shooting you do and queries you answer. :D
' Pay it forward buddy '
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Ken, The Remington Model Seven is indeed available in CDL configuration, I'm just not sure if they offer it in 204R. Here's a link:

http://www.remington.com/products/firea ... en_CDL.asp

I'm retired now, sold my company, so do indeed have alot of free time. I've just finished up bedding two rifles, loading up hordes of handloads for the upcoming squirrel season, test loads with BM and 35gr Bergers for my new Kimber 204, and on the mend from three recent surgeries, so can't get out after coyotes this year, hence the time here on the 'puter. One more bout with the doctor types next month, then back to normal.....well, as normal as I've ever been. With a foot of snow outside, all my gear just itchin' to go, it's killin' me to be housebound and seeing my trusty Chevy 4WD covered in snow too, but gotta get strong again to have fun again.

Also now working on an article for Varmint Hunter Magazine, being as Small Caliber News is still defunct...dang it! Good luck on the CDL 204 quest.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

kenbrofox

Post by kenbrofox »

Rick, thanks again for all the info. I want a mod. 7 in 204 to go with my mod. 7s in 17 fireball and 22/250 so my T4 moderator will serve three rifles without changing bushes. I too am retired from my small business ( blacksmiths& welders) gave it to my stepson, a lifetime of coke fumes has given me COPD so now i have spare time but i don't have the puff to stay out in the fields for as long as i'd like to. Hope you get back to nearly normal for the 'yotes PDQ.Cheers kenB
' Pay it forward buddy '
MDHogHunter
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington Model Seven

Post by MDHogHunter »

I have a Model 7 in .204Ruger

Beautiful gun! Makes a great compact walk around gun.

Even with an 18power VX-II and a bipod, so nice and light!
kenbrofox

Post by kenbrofox »

Hi MD HogHunter, Here in UK i have located a mod. 7 predator which is in cammo but really i want a CDL, which one do you have? Thanks for the reply and best wishes for 2009 :huh:
' Pay it forward buddy '